To Censor or not to censor.
Monday, March 29, 2010

One of my children was invited to a party this last weekend, where they wanted to show the movie The Blind Side.
BUT.
Only if they could run the movie through their clear play machine.
I have seen the movie, so I was curious as to what they thought would need to be censored from that movie.
It's an excellent movie, by the way. I could think of absolutely nothing that I would not want my children to see.
The mother told me that they didn't want their children to see the "inner city" part. You know? The Ghetto. It just "wasn't appropriate."
Frankly, I was speechless.
They wanted to censor their children from the ghetto? From the poor?
BUT.
Only if they could run the movie through their clear play machine.
I have seen the movie, so I was curious as to what they thought would need to be censored from that movie.
It's an excellent movie, by the way. I could think of absolutely nothing that I would not want my children to see.
The mother told me that they didn't want their children to see the "inner city" part. You know? The Ghetto. It just "wasn't appropriate."
Frankly, I was speechless.
They wanted to censor their children from the ghetto? From the poor?
So here's the million dollar question:
Do you think kids-- or just PEOPLE in general-- should be censored from the ghetto, or the poor?
Why or why not?
Do you think kids-- or just PEOPLE in general-- should be censored from the ghetto, or the poor?
Why or why not?
*post edit: I feel very silly that I had such an OBVIOUS spelling error in this post. Like seven times. Thanks for not being Judgey-McJudger-pants!
