My Rant!

Monday, September 26, 2005

I have this pet peeve... I hate having to do other people's jobs for them! Especially if I am paying them. If you can take my money, then you can figure out how to do your own freaking job!!

I have lived here now for almost 6 months. For 6 months I have been trying to get myself insured to drive my car. The insurance moron keeps telling me they can't find me with my DL# ... it is invalid. WHAT???!!! How can that be? I re-newed the thing right before we moved. I call (here is where I start to their job) the Secretary of State... sure enough they can find me. I am valid, they don't know what her problem is. So, I give her the number to call, and they will give her a verbal, and fax, yes fax her a copy of my MVR so that I can be properly insured... "Ok" she says, "I'll take care of it." Then along comes this "lovely" nasty gram saying that I am going to be canceled (both cars and house) on this day because we don't meet the companies guide lines. WHAT??!?? Not wanting to have to deal with dumb and dumber, I call a different office of the same insurance company. They tell me "Hey! No problem! We'll take care of this!" I assume it's all taken care of. Ooooohhhhhhh Noooooooo! The saga continues...

Hombre is getting ready to take the bar exam, and he needs a copy of his MVR to turn in with his bar application. Why you ask? Because it makes everyones life difficult, that's why!
I figure, since they had to pull these things already with the insurance, can't we just use the ones they got from the DMV?? Sounds logical to me! I call the nice insurance lady, and she says that makes sense to her, and she will get it right ready for me... she just has to get it from "dumb and dumber". No biggie, right?? WRONG!!! Nice lady calls back and says they never got my MVR, they are still waiting for it, and Hombres was just from their computer. (oh, ok! whatever that means!) Then dumb and dumber calls..." Ummm, Anonymous lady, we still can't pull your MVR. If you want to be insured ever, then YOU need to call the DMV and see if they will give YOU a MVR report and then YOU can bring it in to us." I am shocked into silence, (my nasty side is starting to rear her ugly little head). "Why can YOU not do that, and why are we still having these problems?" I ask. She says " Its cause you have an out of state DL#. "Oh... well, you can pull Hombres just fine" I say, "what is the real problem?" I don't know she says... YOU are going to have to take care of this yourself. she tells me. WHAT??!!?? Isn't that why I pay my insurance every freaking month for? Do your own job. If I wanted to have a job I would get my own job!

Now... I wish I had been quick enough to say that to her...but, I wasn't! I just told her I would deal with the nice agent and hung up on her...only after she told me that the nice agent couldn't do her job for me either. Hummm...

I called the nice agent, and of course, she freaked. She yelled into the phone, at me, "That lady is lying to you. I gave them everything they needed to have to get this thing freaking taken care of!" I felt guilty for only a split second, and then the nice agent said "thats it! no more mrs nice guy!" OH BOY!!! I think I have started an inter agency war here!!

Well...Thats what you get for wanting ME to do YOUR job!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes