Friday, December 15, 2006

We had such an adventure yesterday.
The Things were all wanting to play with their various friends... So, I told Thing1 that she could play with her friend, if she walked Thing 3 over to her friends house.
Thing 3's friend lives next door, and between our houses is this gigantic mud hole.
Every little boys dream, every Mothers nightmare!!
Anyway, I went out in the garage to say something to Thing 1, thinking that she would be walking on the sidewalk.
Oh no.
That would be too simple.
She thought it would be much much faster to cut across the yards.
And, it would have been, had their been grass there.
I could see them standing there, not moving and Thing 3 was howling like a banshee.
She was stuck in the mud.
Up past her ankles!
Thing 1 was trying to free her, but to no avail. She got stuck too.
Thing 2 came running from his friends house, and tried heroically to save his sisters.
He lifted Thing3 up out of the mud, just to promptly fall backwards into the mud.
His feet were stuck too.

Thing 1 was stuck.
Thing 2 was stuck... laying backwards in the mud.
Thing 3 was laying on top of Thing 2 howling.
I was standing there watching this all unfold... I was horrified because of all the mud... and yet it was a comic act!
I was wearing flip flops, and I went into the abyss, trying to not get stuck myself.
It was squelching and squelching all the while mud was oozing up through my toes.
I hate that.
I pulled out Thing 3.
Then I pulled out Thing 2, and almost fell backwards myself.
Thing 1 got herself out... and we all sulked home.
Filthy, and covered in mud.
I wish I would've had my wits about me so that I would've thought to take a photo!

Thing 3 howling: Ear piercing!
Dirty, muddy clothes: 4 times washing them to try to get them clean!
3 kids stuck in the mud: Priceless!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes