Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, February 20, 2009
“I think there should be something in science called the "reindeer effect." I don't know what it would be, but I think it'd be good to hear someone say, "Gentlemen, what we have here is a terrifying example of the reindeer effect." - Jacky Handy, SNL
I have a confession to make. Its a little embarrassing, and shows my real age, but here goes. I sort of have a crush on Howard Jones... or HOJO as I lovingly refer to him. I went to every single concert he ever played when I was growing up... once even with my Dad. That's how bad I wanted to go. I have every single album of his... and know the words to all his songs. My kids start to have epileptic seizures when I turn my pal, HOJO on in our car. Thing 1 rolls her eyes and moans. Moans very loudly, I might add, about how I am ruining her hearing ability by making her listen to this crap.
GASP!
Crap? Are you kidding me? Howard Jones is like the quintessential definition of The 80's. He was a major part of my growing up... the Diet in my Coke, the Rock in my roll, the Mac in my Cheese. OK. Not really, but you get the idea.
Well. Imagine my surprise when one of my mission companions messages me on FB telling me that not only is she now officially cooler than me, but I was going to totally hate her because HOJO was her new friend.
Sweet balls of fire! Are you kidding me? Wuh?
It has been hard for me to refrain from not driving to her house and repeatedly punching her... but I am pleased to say I have refrained. I just did the ONLY reasonable thing... I emailed him and begged him to be MY FB friend.
Do you think that's desperate?
I lost 2 followers recently.
I had a funeral. I mourned.
(You think we won't notice, but we do. Oh. We do!)
I've moved on now. It's all good.
Jefe came home with a shiny new car last night. His car has been dying a slow and painful death for the last couple of months, and we have been trying to bleed her dry. Yesterday, I guess Jefe was through trying resurrect her, and purchased some new wheels. When he told me, I was kind of perplexed. I know that I kept looking at him weird because he suddenly burst out: "You're Dad bought a sports car. At least I didn't buy a sports car!"
Ahh. I see. A mid-life crisis?! That's what this is?
Shoot.
I'll take this kind of mid-life crisis any day. ANY DAY, baby!
I have since been referring to his new car as the great "MLC of 09". He just smiles and says: "Sure. Whatev. It just deflects from the real one that's coming."
Uhh... Wuh?
As long as it has wheels and not legs I don't care.
If you have been reading me for any amount of time, you know how much I hate laundry. LOATHE it. If it would just fold itself and put itself away, life would be so much easier. But, it just keeps going and going and going... like that dumb bunny.
I hate that bunny.
I hate laundry.
Any questions?
I have a confession to make. Its a little embarrassing, and shows my real age, but here goes. I sort of have a crush on Howard Jones... or HOJO as I lovingly refer to him. I went to every single concert he ever played when I was growing up... once even with my Dad. That's how bad I wanted to go. I have every single album of his... and know the words to all his songs. My kids start to have epileptic seizures when I turn my pal, HOJO on in our car. Thing 1 rolls her eyes and moans. Moans very loudly, I might add, about how I am ruining her hearing ability by making her listen to this crap.
GASP!
Crap? Are you kidding me? Howard Jones is like the quintessential definition of The 80's. He was a major part of my growing up... the Diet in my Coke, the Rock in my roll, the Mac in my Cheese. OK. Not really, but you get the idea.
Well. Imagine my surprise when one of my mission companions messages me on FB telling me that not only is she now officially cooler than me, but I was going to totally hate her because HOJO was her new friend.
Sweet balls of fire! Are you kidding me? Wuh?
It has been hard for me to refrain from not driving to her house and repeatedly punching her... but I am pleased to say I have refrained. I just did the ONLY reasonable thing... I emailed him and begged him to be MY FB friend.
Do you think that's desperate?
*****************************************************************
I lost 2 followers recently.
I had a funeral. I mourned.
(You think we won't notice, but we do. Oh. We do!)
I've moved on now. It's all good.
*************************************************************
Jefe came home with a shiny new car last night. His car has been dying a slow and painful death for the last couple of months, and we have been trying to bleed her dry. Yesterday, I guess Jefe was through trying resurrect her, and purchased some new wheels. When he told me, I was kind of perplexed. I know that I kept looking at him weird because he suddenly burst out: "You're Dad bought a sports car. At least I didn't buy a sports car!"
Ahh. I see. A mid-life crisis?! That's what this is?
Shoot.
I'll take this kind of mid-life crisis any day. ANY DAY, baby!
I have since been referring to his new car as the great "MLC of 09". He just smiles and says: "Sure. Whatev. It just deflects from the real one that's coming."
Uhh... Wuh?
As long as it has wheels and not legs I don't care.
************************************************************
If you have been reading me for any amount of time, you know how much I hate laundry. LOATHE it. If it would just fold itself and put itself away, life would be so much easier. But, it just keeps going and going and going... like that dumb bunny.
I hate that bunny.
I hate laundry.
Any questions?
**********************************************************
We're shipping our kidlets off to the Grandparents this weekend so that we can have a weekend alone. Just the two of us. Alone. It's been since I was pregnant with Moxie that we have been on a weekend alone. It's about damn time, don't you think?
I am not expecting much-- except a nice relaxing weekend with the two of us. A nice hotel room, a good book and some good food. It will be nice to be kid-less for a while. I have a sneaking suspicion that Jefe will miss the kids terribly and want to get them to join us on the last part of the weekend. Me on the other hand? Eh. They'll be fine. Can't we go away for like a month?
Boom-chicka-wow-wow!
I am not expecting much-- except a nice relaxing weekend with the two of us. A nice hotel room, a good book and some good food. It will be nice to be kid-less for a while. I have a sneaking suspicion that Jefe will miss the kids terribly and want to get them to join us on the last part of the weekend. Me on the other hand? Eh. They'll be fine. Can't we go away for like a month?
Boom-chicka-wow-wow!
******************************************************
Lost.
Does anyone watch this show besides me? I freakin' LOVE Lost! Love it! I just have a couple of questions about Wednesday's episode (Cause I watched it yesterday while the kids were gone-- and could FF through the commercials--bless that DVR)
Why the heck was Ben's face all beat to a pulp? What the heck happened? How did Hugo get on the plane? Why was Sayid chained up? I get that they had to "recreate" the original conditions... so was Sayid the "new Kate"?? Why did they take the time to show us the new characters? Did the other passengers land on the island too? AND What the heck is Jin doing in the Blue wagon in a Dharma uniform??
I need theories people. Good mind blowing theories. And, yes. I do read the Lost boards. I am a total Lost junkie-nerd. So?
Lets discuss, shall we?
Does anyone watch this show besides me? I freakin' LOVE Lost! Love it! I just have a couple of questions about Wednesday's episode (Cause I watched it yesterday while the kids were gone-- and could FF through the commercials--bless that DVR)
Why the heck was Ben's face all beat to a pulp? What the heck happened? How did Hugo get on the plane? Why was Sayid chained up? I get that they had to "recreate" the original conditions... so was Sayid the "new Kate"?? Why did they take the time to show us the new characters? Did the other passengers land on the island too? AND What the heck is Jin doing in the Blue wagon in a Dharma uniform??
I need theories people. Good mind blowing theories. And, yes. I do read the Lost boards. I am a total Lost junkie-nerd. So?
Lets discuss, shall we?
************************************************************
In honor of my desperate, pathetic request to be HOJO's friend on FB, I uploaded some of his tunes to my play list... for your enjoyment. OK. Mostly mine, but whatev.
1. No One Is To Blame (live & Acoustic) - Howard Jones
2. Look Mama (Live) - Howard Jones
3. I Hope I Didn't Just Give Away The Ending - New Radicals
4. Daughters (live) - John Mayer
5. Please Don't Tell Her - Jason Mraz
6. New Song - Howard Jones *oh. my. 8th grade!*
7. Perfect Symmetry - Keane
8. Trust Me (Live) - The Fray
9. Pieces of What - MGMT
10. Mary - Scissor Sisters
Bonus: Mad World - Tears for Fears *oh. my. 8th grade... again*
1. No One Is To Blame (live & Acoustic) - Howard Jones
2. Look Mama (Live) - Howard Jones
3. I Hope I Didn't Just Give Away The Ending - New Radicals
4. Daughters (live) - John Mayer
5. Please Don't Tell Her - Jason Mraz
6. New Song - Howard Jones *oh. my. 8th grade!*
7. Perfect Symmetry - Keane
8. Trust Me (Live) - The Fray
9. Pieces of What - MGMT
10. Mary - Scissor Sisters
Bonus: Mad World - Tears for Fears *oh. my. 8th grade... again*

















