The Shops at Riverwoods–Part 2

Tuesday, May 10, 2011


Provo Beach Resort

clip_image001
Stop numero tres came in the form of the latest greatest amusement spot around—Provo Beach Resort. When it’s snowing—on APRIL 30th – who doesn’t want to go to a place with the name BEACH in it? I love the beach and think I was meant to be a beach bum. Except I was born in the desert. And there’s no beach. Whatev.
Provo Beach Resort is swanky cool. They have an indoor carousel, a super cool ropes course—which would be really fun idea for a first date.  They also have an indoor croquet course as well as bowling lanes. 
If you’re a golfer, you will love the fact that they have an indoor driving range. You can practice your back hand…  Wait. I think that’s tennis. You can practice your golf . . . swing all year long. If you want to be the next Tiger Woods Golf guru then Provo Beach Resort is where you go!
The thing that really got me excited was the FlowRider Indoor Surfing. Seriously. How cool is that? You can pick up your swanky new suit at Called to Surf and then head over to the flow rider and  surf to your hearts content.
Or biff it, as would be the case for me.
I sat and watched all these old-ish dudes (ok. they were my age) surfing and they made it look so easy. But when they biffed it? They made it look oh. so. fun.
If I lived closer to this place, I would totally have MY next birthday party here. Especially since I could send the kids off surfing or croqueting and I could head to the spa for a pedicure and massage. What is better than NOT having to get a babysitter, the kids being happy and the Mom getting pampered? Uh, nothing.
Provo Beach Resort is seriously one of the coolest places I have been in a long time, and I really want to bring my kids back. They have these cards that you load with how much money you want to spend, and you can use them on the video games, bowling or flow rider—and when the cash is gone? It’s gone. No carrying around crappy tickets from the video games—everything is self contained on one card. Ingenious!

Malawi’s Pizza

Shops at Riverwoods1
The last stop on our tour was the newest pizza restaurant in Provo—Malawi’s Pizza. But, don’t let the name of the joint fool you. This place is WAY more than just pizza. The owner and Certified Executive Chef—Kent Anderson—is one of 43 chefs in the world with the highest amount of training you can get.
Which means: He’s the Goods.
He has owned several restaurants and was even the personal Chef for The Prophet—President Hinckley.
The most interesting fact about this restaurant is the that for every meal you purchase,  a child in Malawi Africa gets a nutritious meal. In the 3 months that they have been open they have fed over sixty-three THOUSAND meals. I love that this company gives back in such a powerful way.
The food is TO. DIE. FOR. good. I got really excited when Kyle told me that Malawi’s is coming up north near me. I was ecstatic because I am still craving the salads and pizza’s we had. The artichoke pizza is outstanding.
They made eight different pizzas for us to sample, and Kent told us that the pizza’s were done in 8 minutes and 43 seconds. Seriously fast, people, and the taste was amazing. Never in a million years would I have guessed that a pizza joint would serve such tasty food!
I tasted everything they served up for us except the Apple Berry Salad because it has walnuts in it, and I’m allergic, yo.
Because of the allergies, I did find out that if you don’t want something that is typically in a dish, just ask for it to be left out. They make everything fresh, on the spot!
I feel pretty confident when I say that Malawi’s is probably my new favorite restaurant. I can’t wait to try Chef Kent’s other restaurant at the Riverwoods—LA Jolla Groves. It sounds mouth-watering!
The items with an asterisk were my favorites.
Malawi’s Menu Items that we sampled: Salads: Tomato Capri Salad
Apple Berry Salad
*Chicken Caesar Salad
Sesame Beef Salad
BLT Salad
*Chicken Satay Salad
Pizzas: Malawi Capri Pizza
Pesto Roasted Chicken Pizza
*Spinach Artichoke Pizza
Safari Pizza
*Barbecue Chicken Pizza
Pastas: Pesto Chicken Pasta
*Mac & Cheese
Desserts:
*
Mixed Berries & Cream Dessert Pizza
Peanut Butter Cup S’More Dessert Pizza
*Cookies N’ Cream Crumble Dessert Pizza
Cinnamon Apples & Cream Dessert Pizza
Malawi’s Bananas Foster Dessert Pizza
Blickenstaffs at Riverwoods
I can’t wait for the next round of shops to have us back on a blogger tour. They said they would, and I’m holding them to their word! I love The Shops at Riverwoods!
Bloggers in attendance were:
Kyle http://liken365.com/
Lori http://allreddesign.net
April http://sweetlifeinthevalley.blogspot.com/
Michelle http://www.alittletipsy.com
Kami http://www.nobiggie.net/
Leslie http://ohlittlemookie.blogspot.com
Nicole http://www.cuteculturechick.com
Brittany http://www.lovestitched.blogspot.com
Amy http://asavvylife.com
Heather http://heidipoppins.com
Veronica http://www.localcommunityhotspots.com
Heather http://familyvolley.blogspot.com
Ashley http://raesinggirls.blogspot.com
Judi http://www.landingonallfours.blogspot.com
Stacy http://www.notjustahousewife.net
Evonne http://www.sellpartyof.com
McKenna http://joshandkenna.blogspot.com
Diana http://Livylove.com
Rachel http://screamandhug.blogspot.com


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes