Moxie and her naughty partying ways
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Moxie has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old. I know. Those of you with babies right now want to hold me down and punch me for the amount of hours your baby gets up.
But its the sad, sad truth. Someone had to have a good baby that slept through the night and I'm sure glad it was me.
However, you can just stop your scoffing and scorning right there. Because while Moxie slept through the night from 6 weeks on, she has recently taken to waking up at 1am and then wanting to party.
She wants to party like it's 1999 and everything.
It's crazy weird.
I actually blame him, that insane, overly happy purple dinosaur. He is up to no good! No good at all, I tell you.
I mean really, a 22 month old baby that is dancing in your kitchen at 1am chanting "Cheese! Cheese! Barn-dee" is a little unsettling.
Barney is clearly a bad influence on Moxie and her sweet baby-like ways. She has turned into a crazed groupie ever since she discovered him.
All she thinks about is Barney, Barney, Barney.
Damn that barney!
Moxie tries her hardest to talk my ear off during the partying hours -- with her limited vocabulary. Which then makes me actually become coherent because it's hilarious!
Hearing your 22month old baby say: "Mom, aaaannnnndddd.... Cheese please.... Uhmmmm.... Barn-dee? Ummmmm Daddy go? Ummmmm doggie go? aaaaannnnnnddddd... Cheese and Barn-dee? Ummmmm {incoherent babbling, shaking her booty, and doing some strange dance actions that you can only attribute to that dang purple dinosaur} yah?"
It cracks me up. Every single time she does it.
But then when that party animal insists on partying for 2 hours straight? With the overly happy purple menace to society? Yeah. I don't think its that cute any more.
I mean maybe she can sleep her life away during the day, but me? I actually have responsibilities. I have teenagers I need to wrangle. And laundry to fold (which btw is ALL folded AND put away. thankyouverymuch!).
I wake up in the mornings with a Moxie hangover.
It's not as bad as a real hangover, but pretty darn close. I mean, I could lay in bed and cuddle her all the live long day, but my house would go straight to pot. But my heart would grow three sizes.
I have come to realize that rather than be bitter that my sweet, innocent Moxie has turned into a crazed party animal, I will cherish it.
I will cherish every last second I have with her.
All too soon this little party animal is going to be speaking full, coherent, back-talking sentences and I will long for the day when the thing that made her the happiest was eating cheese, dancing in the kitchen, and watching Barney at one o'clock in the morning.
Now, anybody know a guy that can 'take care' of a big purple dinosaur for me?
But its the sad, sad truth. Someone had to have a good baby that slept through the night and I'm sure glad it was me.
However, you can just stop your scoffing and scorning right there. Because while Moxie slept through the night from 6 weeks on, she has recently taken to waking up at 1am and then wanting to party.
She wants to party like it's 1999 and everything.
It's crazy weird.
I actually blame him, that insane, overly happy purple dinosaur. He is up to no good! No good at all, I tell you.I mean really, a 22 month old baby that is dancing in your kitchen at 1am chanting "Cheese! Cheese! Barn-dee" is a little unsettling.
Barney is clearly a bad influence on Moxie and her sweet baby-like ways. She has turned into a crazed groupie ever since she discovered him.
All she thinks about is Barney, Barney, Barney.
Damn that barney!
Moxie tries her hardest to talk my ear off during the partying hours -- with her limited vocabulary. Which then makes me actually become coherent because it's hilarious!
Hearing your 22month old baby say: "Mom, aaaannnnndddd.... Cheese please.... Uhmmmm.... Barn-dee? Ummmmm Daddy go? Ummmmm doggie go? aaaaannnnnnddddd... Cheese and Barn-dee? Ummmmm {incoherent babbling, shaking her booty, and doing some strange dance actions that you can only attribute to that dang purple dinosaur} yah?"
It cracks me up. Every single time she does it.
But then when that party animal insists on partying for 2 hours straight? With the overly happy purple menace to society? Yeah. I don't think its that cute any more.
I mean maybe she can sleep her life away during the day, but me? I actually have responsibilities. I have teenagers I need to wrangle. And laundry to fold (which btw is ALL folded AND put away. thankyouverymuch!).
I wake up in the mornings with a Moxie hangover.
It's not as bad as a real hangover, but pretty darn close. I mean, I could lay in bed and cuddle her all the live long day, but my house would go straight to pot. But my heart would grow three sizes.
I have come to realize that rather than be bitter that my sweet, innocent Moxie has turned into a crazed party animal, I will cherish it.
I will cherish every last second I have with her.
All too soon this little party animal is going to be speaking full, coherent, back-talking sentences and I will long for the day when the thing that made her the happiest was eating cheese, dancing in the kitchen, and watching Barney at one o'clock in the morning.
Now, anybody know a guy that can 'take care' of a big purple dinosaur for me?

















