Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes

Friday, August 27, 2010

I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that. - Ellen DeGeneres, My Point and I Do Have One

 I have been editing my photos from my vacation and this one is by far my  favorite. I know I've posted it already, but isn't it awesome? I think I need to blow it up gargantuan so I can stare at it all the live long day.

I just have one thing to say: I was meant to live on the beach. Not a hot beach, but a beach where it's 73 - 82.5 degrees year round. A place where I can sit in a chair with my sweatshirt and shorts, read a book, watch my kids build sandcastles and just veg.

Like forever.

When I was growing up I wanted to be a beach bum or a ski bum.  Which is weird because I HATE to be cold, but I love to fly through the trees on my skis.

I think, however, in my old age I am going to have to settle on the beach bum gig. I could be really happy waking up every morning to the sound of the waves crashing.

I'm sick of this desert stuff.  I mean, wouldn't YOU like to see that scene every single day? I know I would!


*****
 I think I have my niece and nephew convinced that I am the coolest person on the whole face of the planet. Which is nice since my family doesn't. They think I'm the meanest person in the whole universe.

It has taken a little work and some bribery but I think I have accomplished it.

My nephew told my sister once, when she told him NO, that he would just call me and ask me cause I would let him do it.

Which is good. And, bad.

My kids think I'm the Meanest Mom on the Planet, and my niece & nephew think I'm the coolest.

All IS right with the universe.

*****
School started this week.

Praise ba-jeesus.

That is all.

*****
I find it eerily creepy how well Pandora knows me.

It's like they have someone inside my brain, reading my mind and then picking songs for me to fall in love with. Every single time I log on.

What's up with that?

Pandora, I love you.

*****
I finished Mockingjay (The Final Book of The Hunger Games) the same day it came out.  I loved it and then didn't. Does that even make sense?

I absolutely loved the series . . . but I didn't love the end of this one.

When I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7), I closed the book, sighed and said "I loved this book!"  And then promptly started reading the whole series over again.

I didn't do that with  Mockingjay.

I felt like Collins tried to hard to keep it low in page numbers and ended the series too abruptly. She easily could have written another 100 pages and it would have made for a better ending.

Everyone was belly-aching about Stephanie Meyer, of the Twilight saga, needing a good, strong editor to cut out about 150 pages of his hard chiseled chest... and I think Collins had an editor that cut entirely too much out.

People said it was too violent, and I didn't think that, I just felt like it ended leaving too many questions unanswered and me seriously unsatisfied. 

Just my opinion.

I'm working on a review piece for it, and will post it later.

*****
I have had basically nothing to do for the last month and while it has been nice, I have found myself starting to slowly slip back into madness.

I have to have things to do or I go stark raving mad.

So now I'm investigating school.

There are some things I really want to learn how to do, and I don't have the patience to self teach. So, school it is.  We shall see if I can find just exactly what it is that I am looking for without having to travel to San Francisco to accomplish it.

Although, that might not be too bad . . .

*****
That's it for this week, folks.

I am thinking about making a page on the blog dedicated to my random 10 music lists.  I was thinking about it and it would be fun to be able to have one for each week's randomness.  That way I can link to the play list in the post and you can listen to what came up all random like that week.

I'll have to investigate players because sometimes projectplaylist.com doesn't have everything that I have. 

Which is a bummer for them, 'cause I gots me some good stuff!


Have a great one! It's supposed to be in the mid 70's next week.

Hallelujah!

Catch ya on the flip side!

1.  Trouble  -  Ray LaMontagne
2.  Waiting On An Angel  - Ben Harper
3.  Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen
4.  Jails & Bombs  -  Amos Lee
5.  Can't Do A Thing - Chris Isaak
6.  How Am I To Be - The Watson Twins
7.  Sea of Love - Cat Powers
8.  Simple Life - The Weepies
9.  Weathered - Jane Weaver
10. Many The Miles - Sara Bareilles

Bonus: Grace Is Gone (Live from Vegas) - Dave Matthews


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes