Random Randomness and then some Tunes

Friday, May 11, 2012

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"- Friedrich Nietzsche

You can follow my instagram photos via the Instagram app -- I'm Motherboard --  or on  webstagram

I was interviewed this past week by a reporter from a German Newspaper, and according to my brother-in-law, this paper is the equivalent of being interviewed by The New York Times.

Yeah.

I nearly peed my pants, too.

My brother told me that little nugget of info and then promptly asked me to change my name back to my maiden name.

In my defense, I'm an easy interview. I can talk to anyone about pretty much anything. I know a little about a lot of things and am nosy and willing to ask questions to get people chatting about themselves.

They wanted to chat with me about my other blog, Mormon Mommy Blogs what it is, how it started and what it's purpose is. I suspect it's because of "The Mormon Moment" that my church is experiencing right now, what with Mitt Romney running for President and all.

I'll be totally honest with you here: I was skeert out of my wits and it was hard for me to figure out why. I mean, I have been interviewed by ABC Nightline for Google's sake, so I why was I freaking out about The National German News?

Because I don't speak German.

They could very well post a rather lovely picture of my friend DeNae and I and we would think it was all  perfectly fine. However in German they could be telling everyone how crazypants we are. I really hope that's not the case and that they will be nice to us.

The reporter asked me to bring along some bloggers with me if I wanted to, so I picked ones that I knew could stand on their own feet and answer any question that was thrown their way.

I picked good, lemme tell you.

*****
I'm pretty quick witted and I can think fast-- that's something you have to learn how to do when you are missionary for my church. I served a mission for my church  for 19.5 months (most girls serve 18 months. I asked to stay longer).  I actually called off a wedding -- to someone else, not Jefe -- and went on a mission instead and it was seriously the best decision I ever made. Not a single day goes by that I don't think about my mission, or use things that I learn on my mission.

I don't regret my decision to serve a mission one tiny bit.

I'll link you to the article when it comes out. Lets all hold our breath, cross our pinkies and toes that they portray DeNae and I in a good light. 

*****
All photos used with permission and courtesy of Bryce Olsen Photography
Did you see my show Tech Savvy? Episode 2 is up now on the site and I have to say it's pretty freaking awesome!

In this episode I was able to talk with Linda & Richard Eyre -- Yes.  Best selling authors, public speakers and parenting gurus -- Those Eyres. Not intimidating in the least little bit, either.

I also had Ken & Katie Craig -- who are not only the kindest people on the planet, but one of the funniest couples I have ever had the pleasure of meeting! I am so excited about this episode and how it turned out! I mean, how could they NOT be funny? They met at BYU when they were in an Improvisational Comedy Troupe. Good grief. That has comedy written all over it!


All photos used with permission and courtesy of Bryce Olsen Photography
The team that works on the show with me is super great to stop and teach me things to help me be better and I am so grateful for it! After each show we film, I ask everyone individually for feedback on what I can do better. I tell them I am a sponge and I will absorb all that they will give me.

So far so good.

In this episode, we chat about how you go about parenting in the Tech Age. I think the stories that are shared are not only funny but an excellent way to teach and give us ideas on what we can do to be better parents in this Tech Age. The video clips are gnarly and I really like the direction that our shows are going. We have a fantastic little rhythm going and I think each show is getting better and better! 

*****
I filmed more episodes for Tech Savvy last week, and I am SUPER excited about these episodes! They are going to blow your mind! When I say that I love the direction the show is going, I really mean it. We covered topics this past week that are going to attract a lot of attention and you are going to be blown away with the stuff that we present. Srsly. Such. Good. Stuff.


photos taken with my iPhone and posted on Instagram

Besides. How can you argue with a girl dressed like that? The only sad thing about these pictures is that you can't see my smokin' hot yellow heels or turquoise and red flats. Yes. I am having a total blast doing this, thanks for asking. 

 *****
Someone said to me recently that I was in a  totally different place today than what I was one year ago, and it was a good place.

Boy is that ever the truth. 100% the truth. 

I am in a different place. A better place. A happier place. 

I am happier than I have ever been and that's the honest to goodness truth. My family is happier than we have ever been, and there is a total different feeling in our home. Peace. For the first time in years there is a constant feeling of peace in my home and it is oh so nice

I can't believe how awesome things are right now. And what's even better is that for the first time in like ever, I'm not holding my breath waiting for a bomb to drop. That's saying something, people. 

The children are loving on each other, on Jefe and I and just want to be with us. Jefe and I are in a really good place in our marriage and in our relationship. I can honestly say I never knew that marriage -- or family life -- could be this fantastic.

We have worked very very hard and it wasn't without hiccups in the road, however, I can say this: Looking back from the other side of this mountain that we have climbed as a family, I am so very glad that we didn't just throw the towel in and give up. We hung in there, worked through our junk and have emerged on the other side. And this side of life? It's pretty damn awesome. We did it. We are victorious. And I am so glad that we fought that fight, it was most definitely a good fight. 

*****
That's it for this week peeps. Take it easy. Enjoy the weather. Kiss your kids and snug your spouse. Life is too short to not appreciate the people that are IN your life. 

I'll catch YOU on the flip-side! 



  1. Can't You See (ft. Kid Rock) - Zac Brown Band
  2. Your Hand In Mine - Explosions In The Sky
  3. Best For the Best - Josh Ritter
  4. How Do You Keep Love Alive - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
  5. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Traps
  6. From Finner - Of Monsters & Men
  7. Welcome Home  - Radical Face
  8. Kids - MGMT 
  9. Dog Days Are Over - Florence + the machine 
  10. The Weight - The Band 

Bonus: Tripping Billies (live 1999) - Dave Matthews Band


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes