Hello My Pretties

Wednesday, July 18, 2012


At the beginning of every summer I feel mounds of trepidation. I get used to the schedule and consistency that the school year brings -- Up and going every day by a certain time. Dishes and dinner done every morning with the house all shiny and clean. Routine is my comfortable old worn coat and it makes me feel safe and secure.

Summer means the end of that blessed schedule and we all turn into free stylin' gypsies.

We have migrated into our gypsy lifestyle rather seamlessly this year. We've stayed up late and slept in. We've had cheesecake for breakfast and omelets for dinner. We've spent our days next to the pool and our nights riding the Merry-Go-Round.  We've caught ourselves up on our favorite TV shows, watched the latest blockbuster movies and read a library full of books. We've taken nightly walks around the neighborhood and have a worn path that is a friendly reminder of where we've been and how far we've come.

It's simply perfect. 

I forget every year that when it's all said and done and the transformation is complete this Gypsy lifestyle fits me rather nicely. Taking that first drink of Koolaid is scary but once I do I remember how much I love it and how liberating this lifestyle really is.

With the metamorphosis complete, I find myself taking a deep breath and saying "This. THIS right here is the life" and that familiar feeling of peace slides over me and I recognize it. My old worn coat has returned.

Life is good. Summer is good. We're good. 


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes