Thursday, February 22, 2007
Here is my latest creation.
I can see some things that I would change if I did it again... and if I stare at it long enough, I just may have to re-do the whole thing. I got my inspiration out of the current issue of Simple Scrapbooks... I LOVE being able to scrap-lift an idea!
I am starting to feel the creative juices beginning to flow... again. It has been a LONG time since I have felt like creating. Anything. I haven't scrapped since I moved here. I used to scrap every Thursday. But, that was in a different life it seems. I have really missed being creative and cutting and pasting. I decided that I needed to pick it back up again because Thing 3 was asking me where her book of pictures were. Uhh. You only have 3 pages in your book.
Why? I dunno baby. I dunno. So. I am trying to get the mojo working again. I would actually really like to take a photoshop class so that I can start doing it on the computer. If I had a lap top, then I guess I would be more motivated to try and learn/take a class. I just hate, with a capital H, being tied down to the PC... I would like to be out scrapping were everyone else is. Oh well. If wishes were fishes...
Anyway. I am starting to get back into my old hobbies. THAT'S a good thing.
On another note, I have started doing this positive talk/law of attraction thing. I hesitate to even mention the name because when I did so recently, this person gasped and said: "Motherboard! THAT is a cult."
On another note, I have started doing this positive talk/law of attraction thing. I hesitate to even mention the name because when I did so recently, this person gasped and said: "Motherboard! THAT is a cult."
Good grief people. Its not a cult.
I have actually believed this kind of stuff for years... I just didn't know it actually had a name.
It's The Secret.
It is actually quite interesting. I saw the follow-up show on Oprah, and was mesmerized!
---Jefe is now releasing a gigantic sigh, rolling his eyes and shaking his head cause he completely hates Oprah. He says that men go off to work thinking their marriage and life are fine. They come home at night and find their wife all in a dither saying their marriage/life is doomed!! All because they watched Oprah.--- Anyway...
The Secret... I actually found myself taking notes... I was glad that I had taped it. Then I got on line and read all about it, actually finding on youtube.com the DVD that someone had uploaded. I watched the first part of it. It really resonated with me.
What you think is what you get.
Makes sense to me.
I have told my kids that for years when they would come storming downstairs in the mornings saying that their day had been ruined. I would tell them; "The day has just started. Don't let one little thing ruin your day... You decide to have a great day!"
Your mood attracts results!
I also loved how it talked about when bad things happen to you, we should be able to forgive the situation/person. Not because the person who wronged us needs the forgiving, but because we do. We need to be able to say; "I wouldn't trade that experience because of all the blessings that came from it. Thank you for giving me that experience." The Secret says that being unwilling to forgive is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die. That falls right in line with what I believe on a spiritual nature as well. Anyway. That's what I have been contemplating as of late... the Law of Attraction. I have been wanting to have a major attitude overhaul in our home... everyone is grumpy, and there is a lot of bickering going on. I really think this is it.
The Secret.
And no people. Its NOT a cult.

















