Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Is this not the cutest thing ever? This is what I had wanted to make for the kids to give out as Valentines. I thought it was cute, and non-candy related. Thing 2 looked at me with his head all cocked to one side and said "Pencils?" As if I had completely lost my mind. Then he turned to Thing 1 and said, "Mom wants us to give out pencils." Jefe over heard them, and asked them if they thought that was retarded. Thing 1 looked at him and said "Dad. That is gay with a capital G. " tracing the G in the air. Jefe looked at me and goes "Yeah Mom! Get with the program!" Oh. Ok. Here I thought we were being creative... so we went on Valentines card hunt this afternoon. I had not even bothered getting any, cause I had been planning on making the pencils, that are apparently stupid.
After going to 5, yes count that FIVE stores, I finally found some stupid Valentine cards. Thing 2 was being rather picky, and I held up his choices for him and said "Dude, this is it. You can have Bob the Builder, Blues Clues, Barbie, Brats, or Shark Tales. OR you can have those lame pencils."
He promptly chose Shark Tales. Thing 1 said that those choices were even lamer than the pencils. Thing 3 was happy with Blues Clues. So. Thing 1 and I spent all night making her Valentine cards.
From scratch.
All night.
All because the pencils were pencils and they were gay with a capital G.
Whatever that means.
So, here is what we made. Hopefully it meets those weird 6th grader standards that nobody knows about except the 6th graders themselves!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes