Sunday, May 06, 2007
OK. I sort of disappeared off the face of the earth here for a little while. Let me explain why. On Tuesday, I was sitting, happily I might add, playing on the computer. Thing 3 decided that she should climb up onto the desk to "play witch you mama". She used the actual motherboard for the computer to help boost herself onto the desk... see whats coming? The computer tipped over, and ceased to exist. It no longer will even turn on. I think that it is now beyond resurrection. Its dead and gone. I just need to have that little funeral for it!
Sigh.
So, I have been yanked from a world of being connected to an antiquated world that I do not understand how I even survived! I mean, lets be real people.
Google.
1 word.
Google. How did we ever make it through school without this amazing device? If I want to know something, rather than taking the old school way of actually researching at the library, I go to the source of ALL knowledge,-- Google and there it is, my answer, in 2.1 seconds.
Amazing! Jefe says that Google is really just another word for God.
He (God) is all knowing, and so is Google.
Coincidence? I wonder.
Anyway... I have been disconnected from the world for a week. I had to do some major groveling to get to use this little laptop here... Jefe's laptop. I had promise him a little of this and a little of that... sign a waiver and a contract that I wouldn't download anything... meaning no fonts (gasp) no music (bigger gasp) nothing... sigh. But, my little Internet friends, that was worth it. Just to be connected again.
I feel human... well as human as can be expected!
I made a little proposal to Jefe... I would move all the bookcases from the family room, and get a recliner for him, take the desk in the office down and make a reading room if we could in exchange get a laptop to have in the kitchen to use... all of us use. He hates the bookcases in the family room, he wants a reading room in the office. I think that's a fair exchange don't you??
As you can see, I am pumping up my campaign efforts for a laptop. I had one at one time. But, Jefe gave it to a single mother that needed a computer. I hope she likes it. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we could help her out. I am just missing my laptop right now, especially since I don't have a computer. Oh well. As Jefe says, no good deed goes unpunished... I'm sure that's not really true. But. People. I Want a Laptop.
Maybe I should start an Internet campaign and start taking pay-pal donations? Humm. That is something to think about!
Ta-ta for now.
Sigh.
So, I have been yanked from a world of being connected to an antiquated world that I do not understand how I even survived! I mean, lets be real people.
Google.
1 word.
Google. How did we ever make it through school without this amazing device? If I want to know something, rather than taking the old school way of actually researching at the library, I go to the source of ALL knowledge,-- Google and there it is, my answer, in 2.1 seconds.
Amazing! Jefe says that Google is really just another word for God.
He (God) is all knowing, and so is Google.
Coincidence? I wonder.
Anyway... I have been disconnected from the world for a week. I had to do some major groveling to get to use this little laptop here... Jefe's laptop. I had promise him a little of this and a little of that... sign a waiver and a contract that I wouldn't download anything... meaning no fonts (gasp) no music (bigger gasp) nothing... sigh. But, my little Internet friends, that was worth it. Just to be connected again.
I feel human... well as human as can be expected!
I made a little proposal to Jefe... I would move all the bookcases from the family room, and get a recliner for him, take the desk in the office down and make a reading room if we could in exchange get a laptop to have in the kitchen to use... all of us use. He hates the bookcases in the family room, he wants a reading room in the office. I think that's a fair exchange don't you??
As you can see, I am pumping up my campaign efforts for a laptop. I had one at one time. But, Jefe gave it to a single mother that needed a computer. I hope she likes it. Don't get me wrong. I'm glad we could help her out. I am just missing my laptop right now, especially since I don't have a computer. Oh well. As Jefe says, no good deed goes unpunished... I'm sure that's not really true. But. People. I Want a Laptop.
Maybe I should start an Internet campaign and start taking pay-pal donations? Humm. That is something to think about!
Ta-ta for now.

















