A Post About Nothing

Monday, December 05, 2011



At my "job" last week, one of the people I was interviewing talked about how his blog was "about nothing" --  like Seinfeld.

I liked that thought a lot because it aptly describes my blog. It really IS a blog about nothing. Only not as popular as Seinfeld.

The things that people thought were touchy to discuss on Seinfeld, they did in veiled ways.

I've tried doing that, but frankly, I'm not as good at it as Seinfeld, so I'm left talking about silly things like SpongeBob and Celebrity Rehab. Which, isn't a bad thing, because those really are important things that I think about. A lot.

But, they aren't necessarily what has been consuming my thoughts for the past several months.

What has been consuming my thoughts is, as my friend Erin put it, not blog approved. And when what you really want to talk about isn't approved, you are left with nothing to blog about.

Hence the post about nothing.

I can exercise my writing muscles and try to write veiled posts about what I'm really thinking and feeling. Boy howdy that's hard. A good writer can write about something that is bothering them in a way that everyone can relate to-- and have those who are reading think that what is on your mind is the same as what's on theirs.

I don't think I have mastered that skill yet.

Life is actually really good right now. I feel like I should be knocking on wood every time I think that thought, too, because I'm just waiting for the next bomb to drop. Logically I know that isn't going to happen, but I've lived my life for the past elevenity-billion years with that mindset. It's a hard thought process to kick to the curb.

This past year has quite literally been one of the hardest years of my life. I have thought that in the past, but I can confidently say that THIS year is the big one. The life changer. Twenty-eleven kicked my trash. That's been the life changing year for me. Some of the crap from this year is not my fault, and some of it is. That's how life is, you know. A two way street. No one is completely innocent and until you can accept your role in how things are, nothing can change. Ever.

I feel like things are finally changing. For the better. And, boy howdy am I glad. It's exhausting trying to pretend all the time that life is good when in reality you feel like its been in the crapper.

But, that takes us away from the fact that this post is actually supposed to be about nothing. And that this nothing  has the potential to be something that is amazeballs good.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes