Actual Conversation(s)

Monday, January 30, 2012

Moxie Pants is such a kick. She is at the age where she just says what she thinks -- much like her mother who never actually grew OUT of that stage -- and the stuff she says leaves me LOLing.

Maybe that's why I enjoy being around her so much. She says what she thinks, with no filter. And so do I. Sometimes.

I love the fact that whenever anything goes missing she thinks about it and then yells at the top of her lungs "It's the Binky Monster. He steals EVERYTHING!"

I am constantly left laughing at the crazy stuff she comes up with and how that crazy cute brain of hers works.

Take for instance these conversations:

Moxie: How do I climb the wall?

Me: Huh?

Moxie: This wall. How do I climb it?

Me: Umm. You can't.

Moxie: I could if I were a frog. How can I be a frog?

*****
Moxie: I want a TV in my room.

Me: {muttered under my breath} Dream On baby.

Moxie: Oh. OK. I also want a fridge for all my own soda and a baff-tub.

*****
Moxie: Mom?

Me: Yeah babe?

Moxie: Can you log me on to Kids.net.org?

Me: Wuh?

Moxie: You know. The internet? Can you log me on? 

Me: Wow.

*****

Me: Why is your face blue?

Moxie: Because I got ready for Primary all by myself.

Me: But, why is your face blue?

Moxie: Cause I wanted to wear makeup and be blue.

Me: Oh. Well that makes perfect sense.

*****
Me: Where's my lip goo?

Moxie: You mean this? {showing me my brand-new EMPTY jar of Burts Bee's Wax}

Me: Uh, yeah. What happened to it?

Moxie: I ate it.

Me: WHY?

Moxie: Cause it's good.

*****
Waitress: And what will she {pointing to Moxie} have to drink?

Moxie: {putting her hand up} I got dis Mom. I wanna have a diet coke with this much ice {showing her hands super big}

Me: {laughing} I'll have what she's having.

*****
Me: What did you learn about in Primary today?

Moxie: Umm. Lemme think. Oh yeah. I know. Go Diego Go. Or God. I can't remember really.

*****
I just can't get enough of this kid. Every time we interact she leaves me wanting more. She is so fun to be around and her silly laugh makes my day. I'll be sad when she enters the phase that all of my kids have eventually entered -- The one that I "lovingly" call the "Need to Know" phase.

And you  Mom?

You don't need to know. Anything.

And when that happens it will make me sad. 'Cause hearing her blurt out every single thought she has? It warms me to the depths of my soul.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes