Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes
Friday, January 13, 2012
“To me, it's a good idea to always carry two sacks of something when you walk around. That way, if anybody says, Hey, can you give me a hand? You can say, Sorry, got these sacks. - Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy (Saturday Night Live)”
This week has been a crazy whirl-wind adventure. From the kids puking to me puking to me being possessed, yet again, by James Earl Jones. I always thought it would be awesome to have him narrate my life, but now that he's taken up residence once again inside my lungs, I'm thinking that really he's just a needy little bugger.
The only thing I hate more than me puking is other people puking. See I'm a sympathy puker. I hear someone puke and immediately I'm joining the puke fest. So imagine the fun that's been my house this past week.
The kids puke. I puke. The kids puke. I puke.The kids puke. I puke.
Round and round we go, like a merry-go-round.
Which, btw makes me puke.
*****
I'm working on a post about my favorite apps from 2011. This year I increased my photography apps by two folders-- making it 4 folders that I have of apps that I can edit photos, make collages and even turn the photos into comic strips. I love photography and I love my iPhone-- so mixing the two together is nirvana for me.
*****
I am digging this song big time. It's an arrangement of Coldplay's Paradise. I have had it on continuous loop for the past couple of days. I love hearing artists remake popular songs... just hearing them take a popular tune and then remaking it into something totally new is fascinating to me.
*****
I'm doing the 365 on Instagram again this year and I'm having a blast! I love documenting my life one photo at a time. I went through a phase where I was driving over a bridge every day at the same time, so I took a picture at the top of the bridge every day-- at sunset. It's such a fun way to document your life and goes beyond the basic scrapbook stuff. Which, btw, I have outgrown.
I used to love to scrapbook and would get together with my friends in Illinois on a weekly basis to scrapbook... but once I found blogging I decided this was more my cup of tea. And then all the various other platforms of capturing your stories and photos have captured my interest.
Here is the past weeks photos:
*****
Jefe and I have a rule that when we go out to eat together we have to eat at a new restaurant. Which is super fun, but can be a pain too. Especially when you have a favorite restaurant that you like... But broadens your horizons and creates super fun memories.
Yelp is our new best friend. Wherever we are we can pull up Yelp and get suggestions on places to eat and what's good at each place. I have to say that Yelp is one of my favorite Apps-- I just wish it would list where there was free WIFI and would let you post your review straight from your phone and not have to log in via an actual computer.
This past week we tried two new restaurants Sonora Grill and Pats BBQ.
I am a Mexican Food junkie and Sonora Grill was fantastic. I absolutely LOVED the coconut rice-- I would eat there again just to have a giant heaping portion of that rice. So. Dang. Good.
Their chips were awesome! They are hand made tortillas that you can break up yourself. The tortilla lady makes over one thousand tortillas a day. We had two baskets of tortillas while tasting all the different types of salsa they offered. It was a great environment and the booths were different and cozy.
Pats BBQ was totally different than what we had expected. It was a total hole-in-the-wall and down a dark, scary alley. Which is the perfect combo for making a great eating experience.
I'm dying to go back when its warmer and eat on the patio. They have blues bands on a regular basis and it has a super cozy feeling. We had a blast listening to the band playing and trying all the flavors of BBQ Sauce. I think I would get a bigger helping of the Jambalaya next time I go. It was to die for good!
The other fun part was Pats was featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. They have a wall of photos and I was ogling over Guy when the owner came over and asked if I wanted my picture taken next to it.
Need not ask me twice to get my picture taken. We chatted the owner up for a while and decided we needed to come back when a different band is playing. And when it's warmer outside.
*****
Friday the 13th.
Are you superstitious?
Me? Not so much.
{as she throws salt over her shoulder.}
*****
That's it peeps. Have a good weekend. I see lots of sleep in my future so I can get rid of this dirty little squatter that has taken up residence in my lungs. Here's hoping he moves out faster this time around versus last time. Last time I ended up with pneumonia and a sinus infection.
Take it easy and keep your nose clean.
1. Love Gone Crazy - John Nemeth
2. Tripping Billies - Dave Matthews Band
3. Beat It (2008 Remix) - Michael Jackson & Fergie
4. Amsterdam - Coldplay
5. Beautifully - Jay Brannan
6. Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
7. One - U2
8. Born Free- Kid Rock
9. Ghosts N Stuff - Deadmau 5
10. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Bonus: All For You - Janet Jackson
This week has been a crazy whirl-wind adventure. From the kids puking to me puking to me being possessed, yet again, by James Earl Jones. I always thought it would be awesome to have him narrate my life, but now that he's taken up residence once again inside my lungs, I'm thinking that really he's just a needy little bugger.
The only thing I hate more than me puking is other people puking. See I'm a sympathy puker. I hear someone puke and immediately I'm joining the puke fest. So imagine the fun that's been my house this past week.
The kids puke. I puke. The kids puke. I puke.The kids puke. I puke.
Round and round we go, like a merry-go-round.
Which, btw makes me puke.
*****
I'm working on a post about my favorite apps from 2011. This year I increased my photography apps by two folders-- making it 4 folders that I have of apps that I can edit photos, make collages and even turn the photos into comic strips. I love photography and I love my iPhone-- so mixing the two together is nirvana for me.
*****
I am digging this song big time. It's an arrangement of Coldplay's Paradise. I have had it on continuous loop for the past couple of days. I love hearing artists remake popular songs... just hearing them take a popular tune and then remaking it into something totally new is fascinating to me.
*****
I'm doing the 365 on Instagram again this year and I'm having a blast! I love documenting my life one photo at a time. I went through a phase where I was driving over a bridge every day at the same time, so I took a picture at the top of the bridge every day-- at sunset. It's such a fun way to document your life and goes beyond the basic scrapbook stuff. Which, btw, I have outgrown.
I used to love to scrapbook and would get together with my friends in Illinois on a weekly basis to scrapbook... but once I found blogging I decided this was more my cup of tea. And then all the various other platforms of capturing your stories and photos have captured my interest.
Here is the past weeks photos:
*****
Jefe and I have a rule that when we go out to eat together we have to eat at a new restaurant. Which is super fun, but can be a pain too. Especially when you have a favorite restaurant that you like... But broadens your horizons and creates super fun memories.
Yelp is our new best friend. Wherever we are we can pull up Yelp and get suggestions on places to eat and what's good at each place. I have to say that Yelp is one of my favorite Apps-- I just wish it would list where there was free WIFI and would let you post your review straight from your phone and not have to log in via an actual computer.
This past week we tried two new restaurants Sonora Grill and Pats BBQ.
I am a Mexican Food junkie and Sonora Grill was fantastic. I absolutely LOVED the coconut rice-- I would eat there again just to have a giant heaping portion of that rice. So. Dang. Good.
Their chips were awesome! They are hand made tortillas that you can break up yourself. The tortilla lady makes over one thousand tortillas a day. We had two baskets of tortillas while tasting all the different types of salsa they offered. It was a great environment and the booths were different and cozy.
Pats BBQ was totally different than what we had expected. It was a total hole-in-the-wall and down a dark, scary alley. Which is the perfect combo for making a great eating experience.
I'm dying to go back when its warmer and eat on the patio. They have blues bands on a regular basis and it has a super cozy feeling. We had a blast listening to the band playing and trying all the flavors of BBQ Sauce. I think I would get a bigger helping of the Jambalaya next time I go. It was to die for good!
The other fun part was Pats was featured on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. They have a wall of photos and I was ogling over Guy when the owner came over and asked if I wanted my picture taken next to it.
Need not ask me twice to get my picture taken. We chatted the owner up for a while and decided we needed to come back when a different band is playing. And when it's warmer outside.
*****
Friday the 13th.
Are you superstitious?
Me? Not so much.
{as she throws salt over her shoulder.}
*****
That's it peeps. Have a good weekend. I see lots of sleep in my future so I can get rid of this dirty little squatter that has taken up residence in my lungs. Here's hoping he moves out faster this time around versus last time. Last time I ended up with pneumonia and a sinus infection.
Take it easy and keep your nose clean.
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Love Gone Crazy - John Nemeth
2. Tripping Billies - Dave Matthews Band
3. Beat It (2008 Remix) - Michael Jackson & Fergie
4. Amsterdam - Coldplay
5. Beautifully - Jay Brannan
6. Don't Know Why - Norah Jones
7. One - U2
8. Born Free- Kid Rock
9. Ghosts N Stuff - Deadmau 5
10. Sweet Disposition - The Temper Trap
Bonus: All For You - Janet Jackson



















