Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes
Friday, August 03, 2012
"The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age."
- Lucille Ball
My sons football coach was astounded last night when I told him I was Forty-One. I've known the man for several years, and honestly my age has never come up. When I told him that I was a Forty-Year old woman so OF COURSE I knew more about football than my son did. He gasped.
Hearing his gasp, I begin rapidly explaining how I really DID know a lot about football.
All he heard was forty-one.
He was shocked and actually argued with me that I couldn't be that old.
I was all "Dude. I have a seventeen year old! I was not a baby-mama! How old did you think I was?"
When he told me that he thought I was no more than thirty-five I may have said: "You have totally made my day and I just may have to kiss you now."
I didn't. Cause that would've been gross. And weird.
But I wanted to.
I don't look forty-one, yo.
Them's magic words right there.
***
I have been thoroughly enjoying this summer. The bohemian, gypsy lifestyle has meshed into my soul rather nicely. I haven't felt this relaxed and safe in YEARS people.
It's a good feeling, yo.
I have read more books in the past month than I have in the past two years and it has been delightfully wonderful. I have re-connected with old friends that have I missed and I am enjoying LIVING my life.
It's funny, you can get so caught up in social media and blogging that you can actually forget to LIVE your life. We write about all the things we're doing, read about all the things other people are doing, but the danger is when you get so caught up in what's happening in the Internets that you stop interacting with your peeps and interact more with the peeps inside your computer/phones.
I'm living life to it's fullest right now and it is delightfully wonderful. For the first time in YEARS I am actually not looking forward to all my people going back to school. We are all getting along so well (thank you to our awesome family counselor) that not having them all around will make me miss them. Sure my house will be quiet and clean most of the day, but I do enjoy the friendly banter and the way our family interacts with each other now.
It's a good thing, peeps. It's a very good thing.
***
Football season has started again. Oh my word peeps. I am in hog heaven.
This time of year makes me giddy with joy. I love football. I love that my son plays football and I love that we are a football family.
I love sitting at football practice watching the boys work. I love hearing them crash their pads into each other and seeing them push themselves a little harder to be a little better. This game is a game that teaches boys so much more than just football. It teaches them about teamwork, loyalty, and unity.
I never thought I would be a crazy football mom. But I am. And boy-howdy do I ever love it. Every single freaking second of it. I love it. I love how this sport is teaching my son more about the game of life than I ever could. He is learning that sometimes even though you work really hard, you get disappointments, but you pick yourself up by your boot straps and you carry on. You make the best of each and every play. Work your hardest, do your best and you can hold your head high, no matter what the outcome.
Life isn't a solo game, it's a team game -- it's the big game. And football is teaching him how to work with a team, be loyal and how to never give up. Not Ever.
I love how this sport is turning my boy into a man.
*****
I really like how this show turned out! We talked about social media (hobbies) and how that affects our marriages. It's all a delicate balance and it can be done, peeps. It can. This one turned out really great and I love the conversations that happened during the podcast.
Click over and listen to the podcast.
It has Cjanes husband in it and my favorite blogger Heather Johnson, who has the best job on the planet, yo. She is a professor and teaches her students how to have successful families and marriages. Something that I'm super passionate about right now.
Check it and love it. Love it real hard.
***
That's it for my randomness this week, peeps. I'm busy having the time of my life with my kids and Jefe. We've got plans. Big ones. And we're gonna be living them to the fullest.Click over and listen to the podcast.
It has Cjanes husband in it and my favorite blogger Heather Johnson, who has the best job on the planet, yo. She is a professor and teaches her students how to have successful families and marriages. Something that I'm super passionate about right now.
Check it and love it. Love it real hard.
***
Take care and catch you on the flip side.
- Goodnight Hollywood Blvd - Ryan Adams
- Romeo & Juliet - Dire Straits
- Ohio (Live at Massey Hall) - Neil Young
- How Do You Keep Love Alive - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals
- Ain't No Reason - Brett Dennen
- Keeping Me Awake - Tarkio
- Fade Into You - Mazzy Star
- Boys of Fall - Kenny Chesney
- Everybody Wants To Rule the World - Tears for Fears
- Mercy - Dave Matthews Band
Bonus: You Lie - The Band Perry

















