Extreme Home Makeover?

Friday, November 25, 2005

Well, remember how we had the little disaster with the kitchen faucet on Thanksgiving? Well, today was the day to fix it! Hombre went and got the necessary parts to fix our little problem, and then proceeded to install the new faucet. We were told that it would only take him a mere 3o-45 minutes to accomplish this task.

WELL.... after an hour and a half of trying to get the dumb nuts and bolts apart, he was starting to get a little cranky. It seems that the numb-nutz that installed the sink in the first place stripped the bolts, so they were as flat as pancakes. Hombre decided to cut the tubes that were holding it all together, and then start fresh.

He got the left side all sawed off, then proceeded to start on the right... thats when water started spurting out like old faithful. It was a mess. He was standing there trying to direct the water down the drain, and I was just staring at him like a mute fool. I didn't know if I should start yelling or crying, so I took option 3-- I started laughing. I couldn't help myself. It was really rather funny. The whole kitchen was getting a nice shower, and poor Hombre was starting to look like a drowned rat. He enlisted my help-- I got to go try and direct the water down the drain, while he turned all the water off at the main source. At first, I think he was really mad at me cause I was laughing... but then he started laughing too. "It's all your fault anyway you know." he told me. He said that if I hadn't broken the stupid thing in the first place we would all be dry. True dat!

I kept trying to convince him to call Anonymous Dad. Cause you know, Anonymous Dad can fix ANYTHING!! Hombre was getting a little irritated with me by suggesting this. He finally hollered "For Crying out loud! I went to Law School. I think I can handle changing a faucet"! Oh, ok. My mistake. We can just sit here trying to unscrew a bolt that wants to be left alone. We have nothing but time!

Well, Anonymous Dad's fixit sense must have been buzzing, cause the next thing we knew there he was, walking through the back door. Anonymous Dad had come to save the day!! Hombre proceeded to explain what he was doing, and A.D. told him to let him have a look. He climed under the sink, and in less than 2 minutes, he had that little bolt off and the faucet out. If I'm lying, I'm dying!! Hombre's mouth about hit the floor. He kept saying "You're the man! A.D. You're the man!" He was thoroughly impressed. They finished the project in under 20 minutes, and A.D. was on his merry way. Needless to say, I kept my mouth shut.
I did however take photos of the merry occassion, but Hombre made me swear not to post them here. And not just swear, but swear on our marital vows. I guess that means its a big time serious swear! Anyway-- I won't post the photos. Just know that they are worth their weight in gold. Not to mention good blackmail money!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes