Rain, Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day!

Friday, November 04, 2005



It's raining really hard today. I was extremely nervous about the storm coming in--there is supposed to be snow with it. You know, the leak and all. But, it seems that Hombre DID fix the leak, and there is no more rain inside the house. That is a good thing. It's quite cold! The silly boxer dog wont go outside without some major manipulation...the food kind. She then stands at the back door, and shivers like she is freezing right to death, which is an act, since she does that in the middle of July too!

I am glad that it doesn't get dark here as early as it did at our old house. By 3:45, the sun was starting to set, and by 4:00pm, when Thing 2 would be getting off the bus, the sun was set. By 4:30, which was when we would head into Tae Qwon Doe--it would be dark. That is depressing. I am grateful about that--the sun doesn't set here until 5:00, and it's not totally dark until 5:30! Thats a huge difference.

I went to lunch yesterday with a neighbor. She came over and invited me out--and I thought that takes major guts to do that--so I went. I am not sure really how I feel about the whole expereince. I am worried that I devulged to much information about myself and my family, and now it will come back to haunt me. That is the part of me that is cautious-- I am extremely cautious with who I let into my life. I have been burned to many times. SO- now I am stewing and fretting... just something new to worry about, I suppose.

I have projects coming out of my ears that I need to buckle down and get finished. I have 4 more blinds to wash, and 4 more blinds to buy-- for the broken one in the family room and the living room has none. The curtains look ridiculous! I need to empty out all the bookshelves, and move one of them into the playroom to put all kids' books in. Then I need to build a book case in the office. The previous owners had started one, but didn't finish it. Once I can get that done, I think it will look nice in there. We are going to take the current desk out and give it to my cousin who is starting his own business. Hombres brother gave us another desk this summer, and so we are going to put that one up in the office. I think that the office will be nice once that is done.

Then there is painting. The white walls are killing me! I hate white walls. It will be a good thing to get out of the way to. The whole house needs painting. I need to buckle down and get those colors chosen.

I also want to move the T.V. from my room to the play room. Then I can hook up the VCR for the kids. I would like to find a futon to put in there also. That would be a fun hangout room once that is done.

Then there is always the basement that needs cleaning...My honey-do list seems to be getting longer and longer. LOL! There are the 2 holes in the ceiling that need to be patched. The downstairs toilet needs to be fixed, it doesn't flush with out reaching into the top of the toilet--yuck! Then there is my bathroom-- the whole thing needs to be gutted and just start from scratch.

You know what all this spells to me?? Cha-ching! Humm, maybe I will win Publishers Clearing House... That would be awesome! LOL! But, until then, I am going to start with the easiest one-- moving all the books.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes