Sunday, November 05, 2006
I finished it!!!It was AMAZING!!
After reading this book, it deposited me back into reality with a great big sigh!
I LOVED LOVED LOVED this book!
It grabbed me from the very first line: "It was November. Although it was not yet late, the sky was dark when I turned into Laundress passage."
Once I started reading this book, I couldn't put it down. I finished it in about 2 days... and that includes working an 8 hour shift yesterday!!
It is a fantastically written book, that completely transports you into a different reality.
I did nothing today except read. The whole family did nothing today except read.
All day long.
It was wonderful!
If you are needing a quick, fantastic, grab you, hold you book, well, THIS is it!!!
It is one of the best reads I have read in a very long time!
And, that is saying something!
The character development is AMAZING!!
You don't see the twists and turns coming. I am usually fairly quick at picking out the plot twists...
But this one had me!
I loved how she changed the narrators voice... It was soo subtle, that I didn't even realize it had happened until the climax!
Fantastic!!
I am a little disheartened at the fact that this is the only book that Ms. Setterfield has written. I would love to read something else by her, and can not wait for her next book!

















