Friday, January 26, 2007
I'm in the mood for a party.
Not just a get together, but a Par-tay!
I want it to be warm, with no snow, and lots of loud music. I want there to be lots of grilling, lots of screams from happy kids, and loud laughter from all the people hanging out having fun! And music. Lots of it.
I don't think that's too much to ask. Do you? I mean. When you're in the mood for a loud, outdoor party... but the weather isn't cooperating, what do you do?
Well, you plan. And plan. And plan some more.
I'm going to have a party. And, not just a party, but a PAR-TAY!!
I know a girl who knows a guy (I sound like the Sopranos there) that is a DJ. I am fairly certain that I can convice them to do this "gig" for free. Won't that be fun? A neighborhood street party?? I have to go get the permit from the city, and then they will come and block off my street. I'm going to enlist several grills from the neighbors, and have everyone bring a dish to pass and their own meat to grill. What more does the party need then people, food and music? In my backyard, I am going to set up some volleyball nets, and in the front yard there will be croquet. I don't know about you, but I think that sounds like a total blast. I had thought that I would get the fire department to come and let the kids play with their hoses, and have the police dog come and do a demo... then have the little street dance... maybe. My cousin is a cop, and he has the robo-dog cop thing that goes around to schools. I'm fairly certain that I could convince him to bring it... if we just fed him and his buddies. I am totally going to do it this year. I have been wanting to do this ever since I moved here... but have been rather intimidated doing it because I don't have the monstrostrocity of a house, or park like back-yard... but I have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. If people don't come cause I'm one of the have-nots... well. Their loss. Not mine. I'm going to have the party. A loud, raucous, rip-roaring PAR-TAY! Come hell or high water.
Wanna come??
Not just a get together, but a Par-tay!
I want it to be warm, with no snow, and lots of loud music. I want there to be lots of grilling, lots of screams from happy kids, and loud laughter from all the people hanging out having fun! And music. Lots of it.
I don't think that's too much to ask. Do you? I mean. When you're in the mood for a loud, outdoor party... but the weather isn't cooperating, what do you do?
Well, you plan. And plan. And plan some more.
I'm going to have a party. And, not just a party, but a PAR-TAY!!
I know a girl who knows a guy (I sound like the Sopranos there) that is a DJ. I am fairly certain that I can convice them to do this "gig" for free. Won't that be fun? A neighborhood street party?? I have to go get the permit from the city, and then they will come and block off my street. I'm going to enlist several grills from the neighbors, and have everyone bring a dish to pass and their own meat to grill. What more does the party need then people, food and music? In my backyard, I am going to set up some volleyball nets, and in the front yard there will be croquet. I don't know about you, but I think that sounds like a total blast. I had thought that I would get the fire department to come and let the kids play with their hoses, and have the police dog come and do a demo... then have the little street dance... maybe. My cousin is a cop, and he has the robo-dog cop thing that goes around to schools. I'm fairly certain that I could convince him to bring it... if we just fed him and his buddies. I am totally going to do it this year. I have been wanting to do this ever since I moved here... but have been rather intimidated doing it because I don't have the monstrostrocity of a house, or park like back-yard... but I have come to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter. If people don't come cause I'm one of the have-nots... well. Their loss. Not mine. I'm going to have the party. A loud, raucous, rip-roaring PAR-TAY! Come hell or high water.
Wanna come??

















