Thursday, January 25, 2007
My kids amaze me. Often times, I find myself staring in amazement at them. How did these amazing kids come from me? I mean, I'm no super-hero-amazing strength- drop-dead gorgeous-killer brains-knock em -out -funny- kind of person.I'm just me.
The Motherboard.
Plain and simple.
High maintenance, according to Jefe, but simple none the less.
So, how is that Jefe and I have such amazing kids? God knew we couldn't handle the pressure... so he just blessed us with these amazing 3 kids.
Thing 1 has scored in the top 2% in our district.
I know.
I gasped too.
I actually found myself saying: "Really? Are you sure?" I knew she was smart, but I didn't know she was THAT smart. Apparently she is, and I was wrong! We found out quite by accident. They (the school district) had wanted her to test for the gifted program that they have out here. We had done that out in Illinois, and Thing 1 really didn't like it. She LOVED the singing and dancing and all that razz-ma-tazz... but the 2hours a night homework was for the birds! She told them NO WAY! I honestly hadn't thought any more about it. Until we got a letter again from the district saying that she needed to attend the "gifted program meeting" that was being held at such and such time at such and such place. She and I sort of looked at each other, and shrugged. Whatever. Thing 1 said: "Just so you know Mom, I am NOT changing schools again. I want to go to MY JR. HIGH with MY friends."
Ok deary. Ok.
I was still curious, so I called and they said, "Well, her grades were so high, that we just found a spot for her. She is in the top 2%."
Uh.
Ok.
I find that a little scary!
She did the 6th grade spelling bee yesterday, and came in 2nd out of all the 6th graders. 2nd place!! I find that astounding. I remember when I would be in spelling bee's at her age, I NEVER made it to even the final 10, let alone the final 2. She said that she KNEW how to spell the word that got her out, but just sortof froze. Her mind went blank. She said once the letters started coming out, she realized she had spelled it wrong. Then she wanted to know what I thought.
Well, I think that is freaking amazing!! She did awesome! Who cares if she didn't get to go on to the district championship. She was the 2nd best speller in all of the 6th grade and thats wonderful!

















