Actual Conversation
Thursday, December 04, 2008
Me: Student, you really need to sing.
Student: (staring off into space, with that glazed over look)
Me: (getting a little irritated) Seriously. You can't just stand there. You have to sing. We are performing for our parents tonight! You need to open your mouth and sing. Are you in pain? You look like you're in pain... Are you OK?
Student: I hate to sing.
Me: Uhhhh, Ok. But, this is a choir. You sing in choirs. If you hate it, why did sign up?
Student: Cause everyone else was doing it, but I really hate to sing.
Me: {{staring with my mouth gaping open. This comment threw me into complete stunned silence...}}
Huh. I don't get it.
I just. don't. get. it.

Student: (staring off into space, with that glazed over look)
Me: (getting a little irritated) Seriously. You can't just stand there. You have to sing. We are performing for our parents tonight! You need to open your mouth and sing. Are you in pain? You look like you're in pain... Are you OK?
Student: I hate to sing.
Me: Uhhhh, Ok. But, this is a choir. You sing in choirs. If you hate it, why did sign up?
Student: Cause everyone else was doing it, but I really hate to sing.
Me: {{staring with my mouth gaping open. This comment threw me into complete stunned silence...}}
Huh. I don't get it.
I just. don't. get. it.


















