Random Randomness and then some tunes

Friday, December 05, 2008

"When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers, I kind of wanted to be a vampire." - Angelina Jolie

Me too. I never wanted to be a ballerina. I wanted to play football and when I grew up, I wanted to be a truck driver. (I find that fact rather disturbing now...) However, I have a little girl that does want to be a ballerina. She is my dancer and twirler. She has been so ever since she was just a little thing... and it's kind of fun for me to watch.

She and I went to the Nutcracker a few weekends ago-- on what she calls a "Mommy & Me date" and it was delightful. We went out to dinner before hand and then went to the ballet. We happened to be good friends with several of the dancers, so they came and got her and gave her the royal treatment and a backstage tour. Her eyes were as big as saucers as she went from room to room seeing all the hustle and bustle of the ballet.
All the dancers, and costumes. She was on cloud nine!


When the ballet actually started, she watched with rapt attention... taking the time to explain to me what each dancer meant when they were dancing. At one point she looked at me, sighed rather loudly and said "Oh Mom! I want to keep dancing until they wont let me dance any more." It made me a little teary to hear that, because it meant she has passion. I understand how she feels... I feel the same way about singing and performing.

Thing 3, I promise I will make sure you dance until you can not dance any more.

********************************************************************

I survived my week from hell! It has been a hard, long week. But I only have 1 last thing to accomplish on my list (babysitting over night for someone) and then I can finally sleep. Hopefully. Maybe. We'll see.

Our concert last night was a smashing success!! There was even a fellow in the audience that had an uncanny look of Santa. I have no idea who he was... but he looked exactly like Santa-- in his casual clothes. I wish I would have been able to get a photo with him. When the kids noticed him, their eyes lit up like I have never seen before, and they sang more beautifully than I had ever heard them. I didn't realize what was happening... just that their eyes were as big as saucers as each of them-- ALL 110 of them-- noticed him in the audience! I really think they were singing to him-- Mr. Pretend Claus. So, thank you-- random Santa look-a-like-- You made a bunch of elementary kids night, and they were shinning especially bright. Just for you.

**********************************************************************

Try as I may, I am having one devil of a time finding my jolly self this year. I feel rather Grinch-ish over here... and I just can not seem to find that Holiday cheer. Jefe brought home a real Christmas tree-- and when I got the whiff of it-- I thought maybe, just maybe that would do it for me. But, nope. It left just as quickly as it came. Maybe if we could get some snow? I'm not wanting snow... but I wonder if that would help? This hasn't happened to me in like a really long time... I have no idea why I am not all gushing with Christmas cheer. But I'm not. I'm trying. Really I am.

Maybe next week I'll find the ho ho ho in me. (ha ha ha)

************************************************************************

When you are in the turning lane to turn left, and the road you are turning onto has a stop sign-- Who has the right of way??

Yeah.

That's what I thought.

I had the right-of-way.
Me.
The turning car.
I had the right-of-way.

I was turning and some retard, sitting at the stop sign, decided that he had the right of way. And turned right into me. Moron. Luckily for me, I am a wicked awesome driver, and was able to avoid a collision... but the moron had the audacity to flip me the bird. Me. The right-of-way-driver... I got the bird. I couldn't believe it. Why do people do that? When grown men don't get their way-- their first reaction is to flip you off. That's real adult. Sheesh.

*************************************************************************
There you have it. My random thoughts from this week. Nothing too exciting. Hopefully I can find my Christmas Cheer this weekend. It's rather sad to not feel all Christmasy over here in Crazyland. Oh well.

Here are the Christmas Tunes we are listening to. Enjoy. Do you have a favorite Christmas song or album? What is it?

1. Hanukkah Blessings - Barenaked Ladies
2. Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) - U2
3. Jingle Bells - Sufjan Stevens
4. Oh Come All Ye Faithful - Third Day
5. Pretty Paper - Chris Issak
6. Peace - Norah Jones
7. Rockin' Around The Christmas Tree - Cyndi Lauper
8. Last Christmas - Taylor Swift
9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Jackson 5
10. Don't Shoot Me Santa - The Killers

Bonus: Silent Night - Lighthouse


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes