This is dedicated to the one I love
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
This guy is 10 now. TEN! Where did the time go? It seems like just yesterday he was a little guy-- begging me to watch "Stamly" (stanley) with him. It seems like just yesterday he was telling me about his primary lesson where "da man standed on da wall and was waiting for da ahh-lay-lee-uns to come and save him..." (Samuel the Lamanite)It seems as if it were just yesterday that I was "his best girl. Forever. "
But today?
He's 10.
He graciously shared his birthday with our big choir concert last week. No complaints, not a word from him. All he wanted was dinner out with the family... and we complied!
He always has a smile, because he is always happy. Which is as it should be. He is my peacemaker, our calming influence. He rarely gets upset, or mad. He just goes with the flow. If kids are being mean or exclusive? He has already perfected the "whatever, Mom. Who cares" attitude. (One that I wish were easier to duplicate in my girls. or me.) He is willing to stand up for the underdog and I really admire that about him. He likes everyone and considers everyone to be his friends. Whether they are "cool" or not. He flat out refuses to talk mean about others, or to even listen to it. That right there is Integrity. And he has a lot of it. (he is SO like his Pappy!)
He is one of the most thoughtful boys you will ever meet. He is considerate of others, especially his sisters. He is so tender with Moxie. I watch him interact with her and I see the man and father that someday he will be. He is a good boy, and he has me wrapped around his little finger.
He has had his share of health issues... from his asthma scares, to his allergies and constant battle with hives to his little stint in the hospital when he was two. Then there was his broken leg-- in 2 places-- and that episode really tried his patience. He has been to the hospital more times than any of my other children... and I guess that is par for the course with boys.
He is gaining a testimony of the gospel at a much younger age than I did. He is conscientious of what is the right way to act, and the right thing to do. He has a very strong desire to do what is right. He memorizes the Articles of Faith-- on his own. Because "that's what's gotta get done to graduate".He loves scouts. His first year in scouts, he earned every single badge and achievement that was possible in the Wolf den AND he also completed all the requirements for all the badges and achievements for Bear scouts (his dad is the Bear leader). On his own. No prodding from me or Jefe... he did it because he loves it. He has since completed his 3rd year of Bears... and I can not believe that he still loves scouts.
He is willing to give anything a try... once. Except for foods. He is my picky eater. For the longest time, he was a vegetarian... which I found to be quite disturbing seeing how we are such carnivores over here in Crazyland. He was convinced, when he was little, that he hated candy. I wish he still felt the same way.Our home... our lives... MY life is richer because he is apart of it.
He is a rare gem, and I feel so blessed to call him my son.
Thing 2,
I love you more, every single day!
Happy Birthday (be-lated on the blog)!
Now, let's rock!
Love,
Mom (your best girl forever)


















