Belliagio, Anyone?

Monday, June 22, 2009

In an attempt to rid ourselves of the bubonic plague over here in Crazyland, Jefe and I decided we must clean. Actually, I decided we must clean and pulled him along as my personal cheering section.

(Don't you wish you could have a personal cheering section whenever you cleaned your house? I do. "Yay Motherboard! Go for the gold, Motherboard! Goooooo! Motherboard!" I just know that I would be a much better cleaner, and way more consistent, if I could have a cheering squad follow me around!)

There was massive amounts of laundry and bathrooms to scrub. Floors to mop and railings to Lysol. I was a woman on a mission. This plague must be banished. Out, ye damned plague! Out I say!

Then my batteries ran out.

I put the little girls in my jet tub to "swim" while I tried to re-charge my batteries by watching a movie... Bait Shop. (Jefe says I should be embarrassed to admit that, and surely I have hit an all time low. Whatever. It was funny.)

The little girls "swam" for a while and then decided to turn on our massive jets in the jet tub. Only, we never use the jets in the jet tub, so nasty gross stuff came out. The little girls promptly set out wailing and Jefe decided that while the tub was full, we should run the jets to "clean them out." And maybe throw a little bleach in there for good measure. That seemed just fine with me, because I was enjoying a little red-neck-eye-candy.

After about 15 minutes of the jets being cleaned, I noticed an odd sound.

Swish-swish. Swish-swish. Swish-swish.

I cocked my head to one side and listened harder.

Swish-swish. Swish-swish. Swish-swish.

It sort of sounded like a washing machine, and I thought maybe Jefe decided to do some laundry too. Damn that boy is nice. So, I settled back in to watch some more Bill.

I kept enjoying my movie, until the noise got louder.

Swish-swish. Swish-swish. Swish-swish.

Weird. That sounds like its coming from the bathroom. I almost got up to check on it, but remembered that Jefe was cleaning the out the jets in the jet tub. With Bleach. I figured that was what was making the mysterious swishing sound, and it was completely normal. I told Estelle, the crazylady that lives in my brain to shut it, I was enjoying a movie.

On the next round of commercials I heard it again.

Swish-swish. Swish-swish. Swish-swish.

Huh. The Swish-swishing was getting louder and louder. I decided the only way I could shut Estelle up was to just go turn the tub off and pull the drain.

When I opened the flood gates door I almost had a heart attack. I settled instead for a conniption fit.

What I saw was a water show the likes of which have never been seen before. Inside a bathroom.

The jets were pointing up in the air and all that was lacking from our magical water show was a little 2001 Space Odyssey. It was awesome!

The Swish-swishing sound was the water being shot across the bathroom, bouncing off walls, mirrors and the shower. There was literally water everywhere. All because we were holding our own beautiful, magical water show. That no one was attending.

I ran to turn the water off, not realizing that there would be several inches of water on the floor, and slipped and fell. Into my own giant pool of water. On the bathroom floor.

We used all the towels, sheets and some blankets to clean up our pool in the bathroom. At one point, I stopped mopping, looked at Jefe and just burst out laughing. It was a sight to see, those jets spurting water everywhere. I wish I would have thought to grab my camera or video recorder.

It was awesome!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes