Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, June 19, 2009

To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no choreography, and the dancers hit each other. - Jack Handy, SNL Deep Thoughts

Thing 3 danced in her very first ballet recital this past week. She was so excited she could hardly contain herself. She was flitting around here, practicing her dance all week long.

Her Ballet School only allows you to take photos during the staging event before the dress rehearsal. We were all excited to go up to the University to have our very first recital. During the dress rehearsals and performances, these lucky little girls get to dance to a live orchestra. It was incredible to watch!

I was excited to try out my new lens and see what kind of photos it would take.

This was the first one. Not bad, but really, not that great either.

I fiddled and fuddled and got this next one:

It was still off a bit. More adjusting.

Not good at all.

Then it was time for all the girls to go through their dances together,
and see how they would enter and exit the stage...
and I finally got the perfect setting.

I was excited to get some shots of Thing 3 dancing!

Notice how there are no more photos of Thing 3?
My battery died just as it was time for her flit onto stage.

I could not believe that I had missed this important moment! I was fretting to my sister in law, who came with me, about not having the dance photos, and now she was going to need therapy. SIL told me to lay off the crack, because if this was the only thing she needed therapy for, then we were lucky.

Everyone was packing around flowers after their big debut, and so we had some for Thing 3 as well. She was mildly impressed with the flowers, but completely over the moon with the big bag of Gummy Bears that accompanied the flowers. She's got her priorities straight, that little girl does!

I have to admit that I got a little weepy, as I watched my darling daughter dance around stage. She was enthralled with all the big girls, and scared out of her pants. But, as she started warming up, I could tell she was right at home on that stage!

What a blessing this child has been in my life!

*****
Everyone has been doing some major complaining about the weather around here recently. It has rained almost every single day, the entire month of June. Every day, except my birthday! (thankyouverymuch and you'rewelcome!!)

I, however, have a confession to make. I totally dig the weather. It rains for a part of the day, and then is sunny for part of the day. What's not to like about that? It's not hot... the temperature is perfect! I would be happy as a clam if it would just maintain the status quo. I am loving it. (please refrain from throwing tomatoes!)

*****
Sher is running Ragnar today. I have been leaving her voicemail messages, encouraging her to run like the wind. I was going to send her text's in the middle of the night too. Just to be obnoxious.

My sister and brother in law and cousin are also running. Jefe's law firm sponsored their team. I tried to get Jefe to run, but he was uniterested. I even told him that I think guys that run are hot... but Jefe just rolled his eyes at me and said "I think girls with nails are hot." So I rolled my eyes back at him.

Whatever.

If I could be guaranteed that I would only get the easy legs of the race, and could ride in the front seat of the van, then I would maybe consider running.

I know I am safe saying this, since Sher is running and not reading blogs right now. Go wish her and my sister good luck!

*****
chalk art

Are you looking for things to do this weekend? Go check out The Chalk Art Festival at the Gateway in downtown SLC. Its a free event, and if you get there early, you get goodie bags! Remember, there could be photos of "I'm so bored and all I got was this freakin' headache" pictures. I'll be there, will you?

You could also attend the major designer denim benefit happening in the South Towne Mall parking lot this weekend too. They have designer jeans at unheard of prices-- some starting as low as $25.00! If you bring a couple of cans of food in, you can get $5.00 off those designer jeans!
Sweet!

*****

Do you remember how to play Random 10 Friday? If not, don't fret. I have a link here to the "rules". Play along! It's always fun to get new music to listen to, or find something to mock your friends about. Especially if they jam to Barry Manilow.

Catch ya on the flip side!

1. The Little Things - Colbie Caillat
2. Pink Houses - John Mellencamp
3. The Bully - Sia
4. Unfold (Live) - Jason Mraz
5. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
6. A Long December - Counting Crows
7. Quiet - John Mayer
8. Everything to Everyone - Everclear
9. Lottery - Damien Jurando
10. Icy Blue - Glee Club

Bonus: Heart of Rock 'n Roll - Huey Lewis & The News

Don't forget to sign the Mr Linky if you're playing along!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes