Random Randomness and then some Tunes

Friday, December 17, 2010

I'm shopping around for something to do that no one will like.  - Jerry Garcia

Christmas means that I have to do the one thing that I loathe doing-- shopping.

I hate shopping. I hate spending money. I hate stupid people. Christmas time brings out all three.

I have been shopping non-stop for the last three days and today have decided that I would rather chop off my arms and beat myself to death with them then go back out there.

It's scary.

*****
Estelle has been kicking my trash lately.

I hate her and wish she would get blown up by an IED or something.

*****
I have been using the "you better be good, for goodness sakes or there will be no presents for you" threat.

It's not working.

{sigh}

*****
I have been watching all of The Sing-Off online. The first time I heard this first video, I actually cried. Like a baby.



This second one is just wicked awesome. The harmonies are so tight!



This last one is fantastic because making key changes like they do, and staying on key is wicked hard! Besides, I love this song-- even if it is totally cheesy! It reminds me of being in Junior High School skiing at Brighton.



 I have to admit that this kind of music is my weakness. If I could join a band like this, I totally would.

I have a group of gals that I sing with on occasion and when we harmonize, we sound TIGHT! The last time I sang with them I had someone tell me that they thought I was mouthing it because they couldn't tell which voice was mine. That is the nicest compliment anyone could give me.

Then, this is the best arrangement of this song ever. 




I keep finding more and more videos of this kind of music that I like... and I could post them all night long.  Just check out these two here and here and here.  Because seriously, Dude! That is some of the tightest harmonies I have ever heard and I absolutely love that last one because it is the slickest arrangement of maroon 5 I have ever heard!

*****
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night! 

Catch ya on the flip side! 

1.  Little Less Conversation - Tonic Soul Fa
2.  It's Alright - Huey Lewis
3.  The Christmas Song - Nat King Cole
4.  Signed Sealed Delieverd I'm Yours - Straight No Chaser
5.  Leaving On A Jet Plane - Justin
6.  Chocolate - Penny Loafers
7.  The First Noel - Mariah Carey
8.   I'm Your's (Live) - Jason Mraz
9.  Happy Xmas - Sarah McLaughlin
10. Last Christmas - Taylor Swift

Bonus: Halo - Beyonce


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes