My Top 5 List of Must Read Books

Monday, January 10, 2011



5-five-number5-top-fiveI recently read nOprah's list of the Top 5 Must Read Books of All Time and promptly gaged.  They were boring and made me want to go to sleep. For a year.

(I say nOprah as a way of saying No Oprah—she is trying to take over the world. Like the Emperor and Darth Vader.) 

(Yes, I realize several of my books were in her book club—but I liked them first. Pinky Swear.)

 I started thinking about what my Top 5 List of Must Read Books were and here's what I've come up with. These are the books I always recommend to people when they ask me for good books to read-- My Go To List.  Feel free to share yours in the comments.

Top 5 List of Must Read Books

1.  To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
2. The Bean Trees – Barbara Kingsolver
3. Harry Potter Series – J.K.Rowling
4. The Road – Cormac McCarthy
5. The Hunger Games – Suzanne Collins

Honorable Mentions:

Drowning Ruth – Christina Schwartz
The Help – Kathryn Stockett
A Lesson Before Dying – Ernest J. Gaines

What are your 5 must read books? 



  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes