Dear Moxie:

Friday, March 11, 2011

 

IMG_0235I was mad at you yesterday.

You would not leave me alone and every time I tried to put you down, you sobbed big ugly crocodile sobs: “I need you Momma! I need you!”

It was pathetic really and I got absolutely nothing done.

I even took you on a car ride with the hopes of it helping you relax and fall asleep.

No such luck.

You were a mess and I was losing my patience quickly.

Then as I was rocking and cuddling you “like da baby Momma” I looked at your sweet face and got a little emotional. You aren’t my little baby any more. But right now, at this very moment in time,  You Need Me.

It wasn’t very long ago that your older siblings needed me; Wanted me to cuddle them and rock them like you do.

Now they can barely be bothered to wave hello.

It’s the circle of life, I guess.

So, rather than remain mad, I felt a little sad and quite grateful.

Grateful because for this moment, this second in time, you still need me—still want me to hold you—and that feels really good.

I’ll hold you and rock you all the live long day if you will just stay little forever.

Love,

Mom


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes