Open Letter
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Dear Crappy Teenagers in my Neighborhood:
I’m a pretty laid back person. I actually, for the most part, like teenagers. I think you’re pretty fun and have interesting ideas about stuff. However, I am not amused with the stunts you have been pulling lately.
Doorbell ditching MY doorbell every single night – at Midnight for a week—was OK. Sort of. I didn’t get too angry about that one. I just figured you were stupid boys trying to get my daughters attention.
Paintballing my house with hot pink paintballs was, however another story.
Jefe actually got in his car—at midnight—to find you and rip you a new one. Good thing you’re a bunch of spry vandals and can jump fences quicker than his 40 year old body can. But even then, I was willing to deal with your non-sense.
However, this past week you have totally crossed the line and I am out for blood. You better start watching YOUR backs.
Knocking down a little girls snowman and taking the carrot she used for his nose, and placing it down where it would be a large “man part” is NOT funny. AT. ALL.
{OK. It IS funny. And I would be laughing maniacally if it would have not happened to MY girls and their beloved snowman. I mean, they spent the morning crying about it.}
I’m not laughing anymore. I’m mad. I know, generally, who you are and I’m watching your every move.
Some of the parents in our neighborhood may chalk this up to another episode of “boys being boys” but that is the problem. Too many parents are looking the other way while these “boys will be boys” and their behavior is getting out of hand. They need to be taught was is and is not acceptable. Vandalism, bullying and mischief making is NOT acceptable behavior.
Parents unwillingness to stop this bad behavior in the older boys has set the tone for what the younger boys feel is acceptable. It makes my eye twitch, and yet up to this point, I have kept my mouth shut. I’ve remained relatively quiet.
Until now that is.
I will not sit by and take the attitude of the rest of the neighborhood. No longer will I turn a blind eye to the mischief that is occurring. It’s not right and frankly some of the things that have gone on are very serious crimes.
I’m not going to try and “work it out” with you, or your parents. You have crossed a line. You better start towing the line, because I’m watching you. And, I have zero problems calling the police on you. You forget I used to live in the Ghetto. Calling the police is second nature for me now. Paint balling my house is called vandalism. It’s a misdemeanor and an average sentence in Utah for Vandalism is a Minimum of $1,000 fine, 6months in jail and 2 years probation. It’s nothing to mess with.
For the love of all things Holy: Leave my kids, my house and my snowmen alone.
Thanks,
~Motherboard

















