Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes
Friday, March 25, 2011
A friend is someone who is there for you when he'd rather be somewhere else. – Unknown
My girlfriend called me yesterday and told me she would be at my house today to help me clean for the big shin-dig tomorrow. She knew that Moxie had been puking all week, thus making me puke right along with her so nothing had gotten done. Except the food ordered and the carpet cleaner rented.
It’s been one giant puke fest over here and the only thing that is keeping me from blowing real chunks are these oils. I rub digest Zen on my belly, and I can immediately feel it easing the nastiness in my gut.
I know my friend has a million other places she would rather be, but she was willing to drop everything and come to my house and scrub bathrooms, and clean carpets with me so that I wouldn’t be embarrassed when 25 people descended on my house.
Except now not only is Moxie puking, but Thing 1 and Thing 3—the girl getting baptized tomorrow.
Or was getting baptized tomorrow.
In between pukes she begged to push the date back.
Consider it done, baby.
Especially since Mommy is now joining the ranks of the infested.
This is a killer bug and its hanging on for dear life.
No baptism for us.
This month, anyway.
*****
I haven’t slept in over 2 days. I’m exhausted, but I’m afraid to sleep because Moxie has a strange aversion to puking in the toilet or bucket or bowl or garbage can. I have to hold her while she pukes… on me.
I sort of hate that.
In light of the puke fest happening over here, the rest of my randomness will be bullet points. Because I just don’t feel well. At. All.
- It’s freaking snowing again at my house. I am sick of the snow. If it snows one more flake I just may go postal on Mother Nature.
- I’m sort of glad we postponed the baptism. Only because it’s freaking snowing and we had rented a giant bounce house for Thing 3 and all the cousins to play in after the baptism. I had gotten a huge sandwich and vegetable and brownie platter for everyone to consume and watch the kids go crazy in the bounce house. It’s snowing. A giant bounce house in the snow, with the stomach flu would be miserable.
- I am sort of bummed about the puke fest and the snow because we had one helluva great party planned for tomorrow. Everyone I love—mine and Jefe’s family—all in the same house with good food and entertainment for the kids. What more could a person ask for?
- Did you know you could ship frozen food? Me either, but apparently you can. I got a package yesterday of frozen meals. The box was freezing! They packed it with dry ice, and it looked like a Dracula movie when I opened the box.
- I have a big announcement coming out in my newsletter this weekend—if I can get feeling better long enough to write it. Seriously. So freaking awesome. You are going to want to make sure you subscribed to the newsletter so you can see the big unveiling of what I have been working on. I am so excited about it and I think you will be, too.
- Did I mention that it’s snowing? I hate Mother Nature.
- Not only am I sick, but I have only 12 hours to utilize the carpet cleaner that I rented yesterday to clean the rest of the carpets in my house. While being sick. Good times.
- My new carpet for the murder room is being installed the week of spring break. Awesome.
- I want an iPad and iPhone4 so bad I can taste it. I am willing to work for one. Instead of paying me with cash, I actually told a client recently that they could just pay me with an iPad or iPhone. They just laughed and handed me a check. I want the items instead of cash—I’ll spend the cash responsibly on student loans or some other adult thing. I want these frivolous items just because.
- Have a great weekend people. I am sure it will be better than what's going on over here.
Catch ya on the flip side.
- Hurricane Drunk – Florence & The Machine Memories –
- Weezer Baby I Want You – Amos Lee
- Replay (Flo Rida Version) – Iyaz
- Smells Like Teen Spirit – Tori Amos
- Coming Home To Me (featuring Julie Miller) – Patty Griffin
- Hug My Soul – Saint Etienne
- 30 Minute Boyfriend – Julian Casablancas
- Dry Country Girl – Rascal Flatts
- Let It Go – Zac Brown Band
- What’s Up – 4 Non Blondes

















