Random Randomness and then some Tunes

Friday, April 01, 2011

I wanted to buy a candle holder, but the store didn't have one. So I got a cake. – Mitch Hedberg

It’s sort of a big bummer that Mitch Hedberg died. I mean he’s like a brilliant, stoned hippy looking comedian that states the obvious. I used to watch his shows and laugh so hard I would snort. 

That’s sayin’ something.

*****

I’m hoping that by the time you are reading this we are dunkin’ Thing 3. It’s been quite the ridiculous ride to get this child baptized. I mean, HOLY COW can you say HOOPS?

We had to cancel because the entire family had the barfing plague and we didn’t want to run the risk of her barfing in the font. Or doing something worse, if you know what I mean.

I jumped through hoop after hoop to try and arrange the baptism—including getting permission to get her baptized in my parents stake.

The short of the long, which I do promise to write—after I’m not so mad about it—involves another family, a flat out refusal to share baptismal water with us, or anyone for that matter, no one being allowed to be in the building at the same time as the first family, a weird power struggle where we were the pawns and a thousand phone calls.

I just want my kid baptized. Here’s hoping she’s happily sliding on her ginormous inflatable while Jefe and I are cruising off for Sun Valley.

Yeah. We totally got our kid baptized and then went on vacation. What are you supposed to do when you’ve already paid for the vacation and you’re the pawn?

You just go with the flow. And bribe your kid. With giant inflatables.

But, I’m in Sun Valley. Having a rip roaring relaxing time. And I don’t feel one bit guilty. At all. Only slightly.

*****

I slept with the windows open last night and it was simply divine. I even put my iPhone in the iHome and played a thunderstorm all night long.

I slept like a baby and it was mighty fine.

*****

My laptop’s wireless card died.

I am major bummed because now that means I have to use the money I was saving to buy my iPad to buy a new laptop. I mean I can’t be expected to exist with a non-functioning laptop now can I?

It totally blows. My laptop is about 2 years old, so I guess it’s time for a new one, but still. It sure didn’t last very long.

I’m now $400 further away from my iPad. Won’t someone buy one for me, please? Either gadget would be a most welcome gift.

#justsayin’.

*****

My new carpet will be installed by this time next week. I’ll be writing my random 10 while I rub my toes in my brand spankin’ new carpet.

It’s one thing on my list that I made at the beginning of the year that I want to accomplish. Only four more things that I need to cross off: Disney World, iPad, Clients for Jefe and my designated amount of earnings a month. Hot Dang, I am well on my way.

*****

Have a groovy weekend. I’m sitting in the cabin in Sun Valley, reading a novel and feeling every ounce of stress leave my bones. It is a welcome respite from the crazy month I have had.

Life is good.

Catch ya on the flip side!

  1. Times Like These – Kid Rock
  2. I Wish I Was the Moon – Neko Case
  3. Anything Is Possible – Darius Rucker
  4. The Milkshake Song – Angry Salad
  5. Move Along – Chris Isaak
  6. What I Wouldn’t Do – A Fine Frenzy
  7. Harpeth River – The Watson Twins
  8. Stay With Me – Amos Lee
  9. Colide (Live) – Howie Day
  10. California Gurls – Katy Perry
  11. Bonus: Sign No More – Mumford & Sons


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes