Random Randomness and then some Tunes
Friday, April 08, 2011
“ I like long walks. Especially when they are taken by people who annoy me.” – Fred Allen
(all photo’s shown in this post taken and edited with my iPhone)
Let me tell you what! We had quite the hoops that we had to jump through to finally get Thing3 baptized. Not because any one of us wasn’t worthy. No. Just because certain people who will remain nameless (crazy family) were completely uncooperative.
Not wanting to share baptismal water? (check)
Not allowing anyone not in their family there to witness? (check)
Crazy.
But all that aside, the child was dunked on a fine, warm April Fools Day and it was a lovely affair. Aside from the crazies, that is.
Her older siblings—Thing 1 & Thing 2—gave both of the talks and they knocked it out of the park. They were personable and talked to her, teaching her from the scriptures. I was impressed because they each prepared their own talks.
We re-scheduled the silly bounce house for the weekend and the kids had a blast bouncing themselves into oblivion all weekend long.
*****
Jefe and I took off right after the baptism for Sun Valley. We had this little vacation planned for over a month—including already paying for it—and it just wasn’t feasible to cancel. The kids, or more specifically Thing 3, didn’t seem to mind that we ditched them with all of their cousins and Grandparents for the weekend.
It took us a good 3 hours to unwind enough to start joking around again like we weren’t stressed with life.
I think the speeding ticket may have been the icebreaker for us. I have a tendency to drive like a bat out of haites when I go places and this past weekend was no exception. I was crusing along at about 97mph when I spotted the copper. I immediately slowed down, BEFORE he scanned me I might add (because my fuzz buster never went off), but he saw me cruising along and turned on his lights before he came out of his hiding place. I immediately pulled over and Jefe reminded me to not admit to anything.
The officer approached the car and asked if I knew why I was being pulled over.
Speeding, sir.
I clocked you at 86, how fast where you going when you saw me.
Uhhhh… 86. (probably slower, but I froze people)
Well, I’m giving you a ticket for 86. You’re going to fast. And you should slow down because we’re doing a blitz in Idaho today. You’ll get another ticket if you don’t.
Jefe looked at me, and burst out laughing.
Yes. I totally admitted to speeding.
I am a self narker. Hear me roar.
Jefe bought a Bingo Ticket while we were in Idaho and won $60 bucks. Which is good, because then I only had to come up with $25 bucks to cover the speeding ticket.
Buzz. Kill.
This was the first time I have ever been to Sun Valley and it was heavenly. We vegged like lazy fools and ate ourselves into oblivion. This time of year is the best time of year to fish the Salmon River—because the Steele Head are spawning. Jefe spent his time fishing, and I spent mine reading in the car on the banks of the river.
To most that would sound utterly boring, but for me it was divine. Jefe was happily fishing, and I actually enjoy watching him fish and I was reading without interruptions.
We had excellent food and slept in without guilt.
It was a much needed, relaxing weekend. Even if it DID snow. But, the last day we were there was super sunny, quite cold but delightful.
I think one of the best parts of the entire weekend was the commercial-free radio station that we found that played strictly 80’s tunes of every kind! We were singing at the top of our lungs like a bunch of crazy fools and it was a total blast!
*****
It has rained almost every single day this week, with last night bringing over an inch of snow.
It’s spring break people.
Which means that my kids have been forced to stay inside all week.
Why yes. I do need to be committed to the mental house, thanks for asking.
*****
The murder room is finally NOT a murder room.
I got my new carpet in there yesterday and I can not believe how amazing it makes my house feel!! Out of this world awesome!
I cannot wait until I can get the hardwood floors installed and the carpet up the main entry staircase. It’s going to completely change the entire house and maybe help me not hate it so much.
When I was cleaning up the gross stuff, after ripping up the carpet, I noticed something quite disturbing.
Blood Stains on the concrete.
For real.
Blood Stains on the concrete UNDER the Murder Carpet.
Holy Crap!
Does that mean that I’m a psychic and it really WAS a murder room? That could explain a ton of things—Like all the slamming doors.
Or it’s just teenagers.
But either way, the blood stains were disturbing to find.
But my carpet? Yeah. I love it and I’m going to marry it.
Thanks Universe.
(And Jefe & all your hard work!)
*****
I’m pretty excited for the next little while because I have been working on some pretty funny posts and I think you’re going to like them. They may included hairbrained ideas, horses and the great outdoors. Oh, and there is one about the Witness Protection Program and a Gold Coin Chocolate that wasn’t chocolate.
Seriously. I had myself in stiches as I wrote them, remembering the ridiculousness that is my life. It could be a Sit Com.
*****
Have a great weekend. I’m hunkering down and finishing up the new series that I started last weekend—The Mortal Instruments. (I hear there is going to be a movie! Sweet!)
Right now there are four books and I’m truckin’ through them quicker than a baby eats candy.
I’m really enjoying them! They are a good read that requires very little thinking! Just the kind of book I like!
Catch ya on the flip side!
- I Gave You All - Mumford & Sons
- Dueling Guitars – Heitor Pereira & Doug Smith
- The Scientist (live) – Coldplay
- The Limerick Rake – The Pogues
- World At Large – Modest Mouse
- Fire & Rain – Mat Kearney
- Magpie To The Morning – Neko Case
- Rendezvous – Bruce Springsteen
- Black or White – Michael Jackson
- Miss Halfway – Anya Marina
Bonus: Some Say – Rascal Flatts

















