Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes
Friday, April 22, 2011
Imagine what it would be like if TV actually were good. It would be the end of everything we know." - Marvin Minsky
Thing 1 was finally able to get her teacher to accept her homework. However, as he took it from her, he said "This is a piece of crap." Nice. I am baffled at the way the High School teachers treat the students. I totally understand that the majority of the kids are probably butt-heads. But, in an A.P Class, you typically have the cream of the crop... the kids who WANT to learn. Why make their lives more difficult by treating them like scum? It boggles the mind.
She is just trying to make it through the AP Test which is coming up in two weeks and then we can visit what it is that we need to do. If anything at all.
I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just let this year end and then praise Allah that she will never have to take another one of his classes ever again.
*****
I'm pretty excited because I was given some digital scrapbook software to try and I have to be honest and say that it totally ROCKS.
I am NOT a photoshop lover. It's hard to use, it confuses the snot out of me and I want to gouge my eyes out with forks.
However, this software has the exact opposite effect.
It is SO easy to use in fact, that after I installed it, I made a 33 page album for Moxie in less than 15 minutes.
Seriously Awesome!
It has this awesome Auto Fill capability where you choose the template you want to use, click FILL and then let the computer do the work. I had to go in and center the pictures a few times and then type in my journal entries on the page and then it was done. It just keeps repeating all the pages until all the photos from the album you chose have been used. You can also drag and drop the order of the album once the pages are made, too.
It was amaze-balls quick and I freaking LOVE IT!
I think I will finally be able to get caught up on the thousands of photos that I have. I LOVE scrapbooking, but I am so behind now that I just don't even know where to begin. I love that I can pick an already made album and then load the pictures in, add some journaling and be done.
Once I am done, I can get all jiggy with it and create my own templates and get all frou-frouy but until then I am going with clean, and simple so that the memories are recorded before my Alzheimer's takes over.
I have a 50% off coupon for the software, if you want it-- SAVEMOM50. Just enter it at checkout.
*****
Moxie found a black sharpie and proceeded to color her entire arm black.
All of it. Black. Every last inch of her hand and arm is black.
Do you know how hard it is to get Black Sharpie off a little persons arm?
Pretty dang hard.
My new mantra with her is "You're killing me, Smalls. You're killing me."
*****
Thing 3 has been playing soccer for the past couple of years and I think she's finally starting to figure out how to do it. She actually pulled some moves on Saturday that made all the parents on the sidelines stand up and take notice.
She did the best fake that I have ever seen from an eight year old kid. It brought a little tear to my eye! This kid is GOOD and I see potential in her like crazy. She's willing to listen to me when we talk soccer.
Finally I feel like I have something to bond with my child over and it's actually really fun for me to stand behind her when she plays goalie and coach her. This has been a very good thing for our relationship!
*****
Guess what I am doing on July 14th? I'm watching Harry Potter #7 BEFORE it's released to the general public!
Jealous?
You should be.
*****
Have an awesome weekend, peeps.
I'm looking for some good books to read... any suggestions?
1. Star Witness - Neko Case
2. Way Out - Farewell Milwaukee
3. California Song - Brooke White
4. Sempre Avanti - The Quarter After
5. Cold in California - Ingram Hill
6. Union Suit - Patrick Bloom
7. When You Love Someone - Kidd Rock
8. Billy Holiday - Alex Woodard
9. Straight to You - John Milstead
10. Submarines - David Lowry
Bonus: Go Walking Down There - Chris Isaak
Thing 1 was finally able to get her teacher to accept her homework. However, as he took it from her, he said "This is a piece of crap." Nice. I am baffled at the way the High School teachers treat the students. I totally understand that the majority of the kids are probably butt-heads. But, in an A.P Class, you typically have the cream of the crop... the kids who WANT to learn. Why make their lives more difficult by treating them like scum? It boggles the mind.
She is just trying to make it through the AP Test which is coming up in two weeks and then we can visit what it is that we need to do. If anything at all.
I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to just let this year end and then praise Allah that she will never have to take another one of his classes ever again.
*****
I'm pretty excited because I was given some digital scrapbook software to try and I have to be honest and say that it totally ROCKS.
I am NOT a photoshop lover. It's hard to use, it confuses the snot out of me and I want to gouge my eyes out with forks.
However, this software has the exact opposite effect.
It is SO easy to use in fact, that after I installed it, I made a 33 page album for Moxie in less than 15 minutes.
Seriously Awesome!
It has this awesome Auto Fill capability where you choose the template you want to use, click FILL and then let the computer do the work. I had to go in and center the pictures a few times and then type in my journal entries on the page and then it was done. It just keeps repeating all the pages until all the photos from the album you chose have been used. You can also drag and drop the order of the album once the pages are made, too.
It was amaze-balls quick and I freaking LOVE IT!
I think I will finally be able to get caught up on the thousands of photos that I have. I LOVE scrapbooking, but I am so behind now that I just don't even know where to begin. I love that I can pick an already made album and then load the pictures in, add some journaling and be done.
Once I am done, I can get all jiggy with it and create my own templates and get all frou-frouy but until then I am going with clean, and simple so that the memories are recorded before my Alzheimer's takes over.
I have a 50% off coupon for the software, if you want it-- SAVEMOM50. Just enter it at checkout.
*****
Moxie found a black sharpie and proceeded to color her entire arm black.
All of it. Black. Every last inch of her hand and arm is black.
Do you know how hard it is to get Black Sharpie off a little persons arm?
Pretty dang hard.
My new mantra with her is "You're killing me, Smalls. You're killing me."
*****
Thing 3 has been playing soccer for the past couple of years and I think she's finally starting to figure out how to do it. She actually pulled some moves on Saturday that made all the parents on the sidelines stand up and take notice.
She did the best fake that I have ever seen from an eight year old kid. It brought a little tear to my eye! This kid is GOOD and I see potential in her like crazy. She's willing to listen to me when we talk soccer.
Finally I feel like I have something to bond with my child over and it's actually really fun for me to stand behind her when she plays goalie and coach her. This has been a very good thing for our relationship!
*****
Guess what I am doing on July 14th? I'm watching Harry Potter #7 BEFORE it's released to the general public!
Jealous?
You should be.
*****
Have an awesome weekend, peeps.
I'm looking for some good books to read... any suggestions?
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Star Witness - Neko Case
2. Way Out - Farewell Milwaukee
3. California Song - Brooke White
4. Sempre Avanti - The Quarter After
5. Cold in California - Ingram Hill
6. Union Suit - Patrick Bloom
7. When You Love Someone - Kidd Rock
8. Billy Holiday - Alex Woodard
9. Straight to You - John Milstead
10. Submarines - David Lowry
Bonus: Go Walking Down There - Chris Isaak


















