A few of my favorite things!

Monday, October 17, 2005

I couldn't sleep, again. So I got up and checked on all the Things... I had to look at them each twice, cause it was too wierd!! They each were sleeping in the exact the same position. Covers kicked off, with their arms up above their heads. My mom always says "that's the sign of a content baby!" Oh, that makes me happy!! I wish I had thought to take a picture of each of them... but alas, its the same as with the eggs... I just plum forgot!

So, that got me thinking of all the things that I love. I decided to make a list, and post it. It is in no particular order... just things that make my heart warm!

1. My kids sleeping. That obvious! It's cause their not fighting, whining, or "frowing fits" and I can look at them and remember that I DO love them! Even when they are little demons!

2. My Dog. She is sortof of a freak... but she gets so excited to see me. Even if I just went to take the garbage out. She greets me like she hasn't seen me for years! That makes me happy!

3. Books. I love books. I find myself thinking often: "Must have books. Need more books!" Is that healthy? Dunno, but I love books!

4. Music. I love music. My friends always tease me about the fact that I can tell you exactly where I was when I first heard a song...I think its cause my life is puncuated by song, and really its just one big gigantic musical... I am constantly thinking about "what song would I put here in my 'movie of life'." Hummm... that is a little weird.

5. Food. I love eating out, at REAL restaurants. Not Burger King or McDonalds... There is nothing more satisfying to me than a good meal that someone else has cooked. Hombre teases me that when I order, I take FOREVER to make up my mind and I tend to OVER order... meaning I order too much food. I think thats cause I always view my meals as my last meal... what if I died, and this was my last meal... I would want it to be awesome. Hombre always out orders me--that bugs me! Umm, I really am a little weird! Is that really a surprise? LOL!

6. Laughing. I love to laugh! There is nothing more healing to me than a good laugh! I heard once that if you want to stay young and look young, you have to laugh! I like those kind of laughs that get you going soo hard that you can't talk, and the tears just flow-- thats a good laugh!

7. Hombre. Need I say more?

8. Water. I love the sound of water... rivers, lakes, oceans! I love it all. It is the most relaxing sound in the world to me. I want, someday, a house on a lake with a huge, awesome porch that I can sit, listen to the water and read a book. Ahh--heaven.

9. Fireflies. They are soo magical. I can't even begin to explain how incredible they are. If you have never had the chance to see them, then take a trip to the mid west in the month of July (they are only out for like 6 weeks) and see if you don't find them the most enchanting things around. When I create my own worlds, fireflies will be everywhere! Just one look at them, and they make you happy!

10. Cicadas. I love to hear them "sing". (click on the AU files in the cicada link to hear what they sound like) The first time I heard them, I thought there was an electrical wire down somewhere... but then I became used to them, and their "songs" became a peaceful sound to me. Now, the bugs themselves are gross, but the sound they make is music to my ears!

11. Skiing. I love to snow ski. I am soo excited for it to snow so that I strap back on those skis and tackle the mountain... or better yet let the mountain tackle me!

12. Campfires. I love the smell of campfires. I reminds me of being a child. Why? I dunno. We never camped. But for some reason the smell of fires reminds me of home.

13. Traveling. I love to travel and SEE things and places and people. You learn so much more by going, doing and seeing. I want some day to travel all over the US, and then branch out to the world. There is so much to see and learn. Some of my favorite cities: San Diego, San Fransico, SLC, Chicago, Jackson Hole, Seattle, Spokane, Chelan, Couer d' alene, Madison, London, HongKong, Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, The North Shore, Oregon Coast... I could go on and on... I just haven't seen enough of the world to be satisfied.

14. People. I love to watch people. Everyone has a story... I like to see how they interact with each other, how they act when they think no one is watching. You can learn a lot about life from silently watching people. My favorite memory is going into the city to the mall at christmas time with my cousin and sitting in the food court and just watching people go by. THAT was a great time!

I could go on and on... but this is just the short list of "a few of my favorite things!"


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes