We survived!

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Today was the childrens program for our church. I was extremely nervous. When we practiced on Friday--the whole thing took 2 hours. I was dying. Were we REALLY going to have to sit on the stand with all these rowdy kids for 2 hours?? Thankfully, no. It was only 1 hour and 15 minutes. We made it without killing someone. We made it without any major distractions or embarrassments. It was all good.

I remember the stress of those programs. I was glad that it was them, and not me! I am glad that we are getting into a groove with the kids. Hombre is soo good with kids. He is a natural. I love to watch him interact with them. He is the pied piper of children!

We went to our cousins house for dinner tonight. It was great great fun. Usually within 1 hour of being there, Hombre is giving me the secret signal that it's time to go... but that signal never came! We really enjoyed ourselves, and had a great time getting to know them. It was fun to reminisce about our childhood, and to learn more about their families. I totally enjoyed myself.

It has been a blessing for me to have them live behind us. It was such a difficult move for me, that having family live behind me was reassuring. When ever I get sad being here- I can look out my back window and see their house and realize I am right where God wants me to be. How could we NOT be? It is NO coincidence that my cousin happens to live right behind me, and we never knew it. We hadn't seen each other in over 15 years!! That is not a coincindence, that is the hand of the Lord! I recognize it when I see it. I am where I should be, doing what I should be doing. It is time for us to reconnect with family--both of our families! I see Hombre's Grandfather working miracles, and it is just amazing!!


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes