Thursday, October 25, 2007
Want to hear my humiliating moment that I had today?
I wasn't sure if I should cry or laugh. I chose to laugh since there were 5 cars of people, including 2 police officers, that were in viewing distance of my mishap.
I had choir this morning. For those of you, in internet space land, that don't remember, I co-direct the Elementary school choir. Its a blast, and keeps me busy. I like to be busy. Anyway. The choir. We were done, and happily walking out to the car. Now. There are only 3 steps to walk down from the front door. 3 steps. Not steep steps mind you, just steps. Three easy steps.
Well.
Easy for anyone but me I guess. I stood at the top step, started walking down and then next thing I knew I was sprawled on the sidewalk. Face down on my knees like a complete moron. Thing 3 stood open mouth staring at me... I didn't dare to look to see if all these people were staring at me. (of course they were, they just wouldn't make eye contact with me) So I jumped up, did a "Ta-Da" and started laughing at myself. All the while wishing desperately I could just rub my knees that HURT. SO. BAD. I wanted to climb under a rock and DIE!
I climbed into my car, slinked behind the wheel and quickly drove off. Yes. A rather large Diet Coke was most definitely on the agenda now!
I honestly don't know what happened. Its like I just tipped over. Face first. I did this a lot when I was pregnant with Thing 2.
All I know is I feel like total. giant.dork.
I wasn't sure if I should cry or laugh. I chose to laugh since there were 5 cars of people, including 2 police officers, that were in viewing distance of my mishap.
I had choir this morning. For those of you, in internet space land, that don't remember, I co-direct the Elementary school choir. Its a blast, and keeps me busy. I like to be busy. Anyway. The choir. We were done, and happily walking out to the car. Now. There are only 3 steps to walk down from the front door. 3 steps. Not steep steps mind you, just steps. Three easy steps.
Well.
Easy for anyone but me I guess. I stood at the top step, started walking down and then next thing I knew I was sprawled on the sidewalk. Face down on my knees like a complete moron. Thing 3 stood open mouth staring at me... I didn't dare to look to see if all these people were staring at me. (of course they were, they just wouldn't make eye contact with me) So I jumped up, did a "Ta-Da" and started laughing at myself. All the while wishing desperately I could just rub my knees that HURT. SO. BAD. I wanted to climb under a rock and DIE!
I climbed into my car, slinked behind the wheel and quickly drove off. Yes. A rather large Diet Coke was most definitely on the agenda now!
I honestly don't know what happened. Its like I just tipped over. Face first. I did this a lot when I was pregnant with Thing 2.
All I know is I feel like total. giant.dork.

















