Monday, December 24, 2007


Thing 3 is SO excited for tomorrow to come. Anonymous Grandma gave her a giant package to open. She can think of nothing else. The package showed up here this past weekend, and about 20 times a day she comments on how "eh-sited" she is to open her giant present! She just can't wait!The other kids are getting excited too. We found out (thing 3 spilled the beans) that while we were out on date this past weekend, they all started snooping and shaking the packages. Little sneaks! Shame shame shame! (I can't blame them. I am a huge snooper too!) We took them to go see the movie National Treasure - Book of Secrets this morning. Then out to lunch at Training Table (Go Cheese Fries & ultimate dipping sauce! yum!) We didn't tell them what we were doing... we led them to believe that they were going last minute shopping with us-- yes. That is mean. It did elicit A LOT of complaining... and I must admit that it was quite funny to see them whining and complaining that they had to go do something so boring as shopping. It was fun to watch their reaction when we pulled into the parking lot of the theater. Thing 2 started yelling "I knew it! I knew it!" Some man was walking by, and he started laughing when he heard how excited Thing 2 was! He has been begging to see this movie for weeks!
It was a FANTASTIC movie, and I wouldn't mind seeing it again! I will definitely be buying this one!
When we got home, the kids could hardly stand not being able to open presents.. we have a tradition of opening 1 present on Christmas Eve... and its always new pajamas. Well. They opened their new pajamas when we got home from the movies... promptly put them on to wait for Old St. Nick to arrive. Can you see how excited Thing 3 is? She was jumping all over the place, hardly able to contain herself!
Tomorrow is going to be Oh.So.Fun. The kids have no idea what is coming there way... Jefe and I were able to score THE hot item this year...
Yes we did.
We got THAT item.
You know the one.
The one that has people lining up before stores open to see if they happened to get any shipped in that day. The one that is first come first buy, and they usually only get like 2-3 a week.
Yes. THAT one.
Jefe wrapped it up to be from me to him. The kids are dying for me to tell them what it is. I have been playing really dumb and referring to all the various gaming devices by the wrong names (much to Thing 2's horror and irritation) just to throw them off. I think its working quite nicely. Thing 2 just shakes his head, irritated that his mother is "so clueless".
Hee hee. Little does he know!
So. The deeds are done. The shopping complete. The waiting has started. I am excited for tomorrow. It makes me happy to see how excited my kids are.
I have been thinking a lot about "The Big Guy", St. Nick, Papa Noel, Santa Claus... I don't know if I can express what I have been thinking clearly, but I will give it a try. I find the whole idea magical. Really. To me, there is nothing more amazing than a child that believes in Santa. Really, truly, whole heartedly believes! When you see their eyes light up when they see Santa... it brings tears to my eyes. It is magic. It is what makes Christmas so much fun. This idea of Santa. I love it. For me, being Santa has been a phenomenal experience. It makes Christmas REAL for me. I really don't care about what I get... its so much more fun to give... and not only just give, but REALLY give. Giving to my kids. Its such a fantastic feeling. So, Santa is magic to me. I don't find it odd to lie to my kids about this. There have been several blogs arguing about this very thing. To have or not have Santa... My feeling is that once they have their own kids. They will get it, understand it, and embrace it. Hopefully, it will mean as much to them as it has to me to be their Santa Claus. So. Tune it later to see if the whole thing met my expectations! I am sure it will supersede them.
Merry Christmas people. Merry Christmas!

















