Random randomness and then some tunes. On Monday.
Monday, July 06, 2009
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be. - Peter De Vries
See those awesome buttons up there? I actually have one in my sidebar. (click on the nifty button to get your own!) That's my blogging mantra for the summer. If I'm around, I'm around. If not, eh, who cares? There are things to do, people to see, books to read, a house to clean and kids to keep from killing each other. If I have subscribers/readers by the end of the summer, then that's the chocolate coating to my Sundae.
It's so easy to get caught up in blogging about life, that you can actually forget to live your life.
I'm going to live life this summer. (and blog about it later.)
*****
I bought my kids disposable cameras and we are heading into "the city" tomorrow to pretend we are tourists. We're going to ride the train, then hit all the touristy spots. Thing 1 is going to put her 3 years of French to use and pretend to be an exchange student from France. It should be fun. If we get any good pictures from the day, I'll be sure to pass them on your way.
*****
All of my cute teeny-bopper friends on Facebook have been making these album covers. I had seen it going around with my older friends, but chose to pass. However, I was bored yesterday and the computer was calling my name... so I answered.
This is what I made:
If you want to make one too, here are the instructions:1. Go to wikipedia and hit random. The first article that comes up is the name of your band.
2. Go to random quotations and scroll to the very last quote. The last 4-5 words are going to be the name of your album.
3. Go to flickr, and hit explore last 7 days. The 3rd picture is your Album cover.
4. Photoshop, picassa or whatever other photo altering tool you have and put the band name and name of album on the photo (I used picassa because, even though I have photoshop its beyond me how to ues it...). It's fun. I promise.
*****
Speaking of Facebook, I had a really funny status update I was going to do. But, then I thought it was a little morbid, so I didn't use it.
"All we have to fear is fear itself. And Michael Jackson. But, he's dead, so I guess its just fear."
What do you think? Too much?
*****
There's a contest on the MMB for some Shelf Reliance stuff. You should pop on over there and enter to win. While you're there, nominate your favorite blog for the coveted blog spotlight.
*****
There are a few little bloggy get togethers going on this week. With this gal and her sister on Friday, and this gal on Saturday.
I'm going. Are you?
*****
We had a lovely 4th of July. The weather was perfect. We grilled, and had WAY more food than we had people. Isn't that what the 4th is about? Good food and left overs? Yes? Well, then it was a good day.
Now back to the grind stone.
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Wake Me Up When September Ends - Green Day
2. Ol' 55 - Tom Waits
3. 19 Somethin' - Mark Wills
4. She's My Man - Scissor Sisters
5. Perfect Symmetry - Keane
6. Fix You - Coldplay
7. Hallelujah - Ryan Adams
8. Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkle *I wanted to name one of my babies this*
9. Heartbreak Even - Ani DeFranco
10. Is She Really Going Out With Him (Live) - Joe Jackson
Bonus: Something To Be Proud Of - Montgomery Gentry




















