Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, July 17, 2009
If you ever fall off the Sears Tower, just go real limp, because maybe you'll look like a dummy and people will try to catch you because, hey, free dummy.
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts (SNL)
This week I turned into Holly Homemaker. Don't worry. It's not sticking. I got a hairbrained idea that I could sew. Which is rather funny, considering this post I did. All I can say is my sisters assured me that it would be easy-peasy and it would be not hard at all.
They lied.
The thing you have to know about my family is this: There is not one thing that my Mother cannot do. She sews like Vera Wang and cooks better than Julia Child. Clinton and Stacy would never kick her off their show and Trading Spaces would have nothing to trade with her.
My sisters all inherited her genes.
Me on the other hand? I am my Father's daughter. I'm a geek. I like computers, and cameras and Sci-Fi. So saying sewing and Motherboard would be something akin to an oxy moron.
My sisters and I went to a hip, upscale fabric store and I purchased enough fabric to make skirts for my girls. Five skirts to be exact. I'm not sure what I was thinking, other than my sister said it would be easy.
It took me two days to make one skirt.
Only four more to go. Thing 1 is requesting some for her EFY adventure that is happening the last week of July. I wonder if I can actually do this.
Ugh.
Holly Homemaker I am not.
*****
So, remember this post I did yesterday about my farm?
Yeah. My kids found baby ducks in our yard yesterday. They were trying to help the Mama Duck find her lost babies, but in the process they scared the Mama Duck away and one of the babies is now lost in our backyard. We did manage to rescue one, but now I have a real baby duck in my tub.
I'm a little stressed about it because it jumps out of the box we put it in and then runs and hides under the couch. A loose duck in your house is NOT a good thing. Just sayin'.
I found an IFA store near by that just happens to sell ducks (why?). So we're making the trek there to see if they can teach us how to care for this fowl thing. My kids are convinced they are keeping it. As a pet.
They have even named it Daisy. That is unless its a dude duck, then its Donald.
Oye Vay.

*****
The girls and Jefe are heading out a girls weekend camping expedition. Sounds perfectly lovely.
Thing 2 and I are heading out on a Harry Potter expedition.
Which sounds like more fun??
*****
I better run. The duck is quacking which is making the dog do a freak-out bark which is scaring Moxie and she is screaming.
Good times abound in Crazyland.
*****
I have a Mr. Linky up, but apparently he is still being a butt-head. So, if there is no Mr. Linky, make sure you link up in the comments!
1. Breathe Me - Sia
2. Better Days - Amos Lee
3. Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
4. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
5. What You Want - John Butler Trio
6. First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes
7. Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer
8. Til The Sun Turns Black - Ray LaMontagne
9. Cold Beverage - G. Love & Special Sauce
10. The Real Thing - Phil Lesh & Friends
Bonus: Hide & Seek - Imogen Heap
- Jack Handy, Deep Thoughts (SNL)
This week I turned into Holly Homemaker. Don't worry. It's not sticking. I got a hairbrained idea that I could sew. Which is rather funny, considering this post I did. All I can say is my sisters assured me that it would be easy-peasy and it would be not hard at all.
They lied.
The thing you have to know about my family is this: There is not one thing that my Mother cannot do. She sews like Vera Wang and cooks better than Julia Child. Clinton and Stacy would never kick her off their show and Trading Spaces would have nothing to trade with her.
My sisters all inherited her genes.
Me on the other hand? I am my Father's daughter. I'm a geek. I like computers, and cameras and Sci-Fi. So saying sewing and Motherboard would be something akin to an oxy moron.
It took me two days to make one skirt.
Only four more to go. Thing 1 is requesting some for her EFY adventure that is happening the last week of July. I wonder if I can actually do this.
Ugh.
Holly Homemaker I am not.
*****
So, remember this post I did yesterday about my farm?
Yeah. My kids found baby ducks in our yard yesterday. They were trying to help the Mama Duck find her lost babies, but in the process they scared the Mama Duck away and one of the babies is now lost in our backyard. We did manage to rescue one, but now I have a real baby duck in my tub.
I'm a little stressed about it because it jumps out of the box we put it in and then runs and hides under the couch. A loose duck in your house is NOT a good thing. Just sayin'.
I found an IFA store near by that just happens to sell ducks (why?). So we're making the trek there to see if they can teach us how to care for this fowl thing. My kids are convinced they are keeping it. As a pet.
They have even named it Daisy. That is unless its a dude duck, then its Donald.
Oye Vay.
*****
The girls and Jefe are heading out a girls weekend camping expedition. Sounds perfectly lovely.
Thing 2 and I are heading out on a Harry Potter expedition.
Which sounds like more fun??
*****
I better run. The duck is quacking which is making the dog do a freak-out bark which is scaring Moxie and she is screaming.
Good times abound in Crazyland.
*****
I have a Mr. Linky up, but apparently he is still being a butt-head. So, if there is no Mr. Linky, make sure you link up in the comments!
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Breathe Me - Sia
2. Better Days - Amos Lee
3. Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa - Vampire Weekend
4. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson
5. What You Want - John Butler Trio
6. First Day Of My Life - Bright Eyes
7. Your Body Is A Wonderland - John Mayer
8. Til The Sun Turns Black - Ray LaMontagne
9. Cold Beverage - G. Love & Special Sauce
10. The Real Thing - Phil Lesh & Friends
Bonus: Hide & Seek - Imogen Heap

















