Now that's something you don't see everyday.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

During my 38 years of life, I have seen some strange, strange things.

Like the time I lived in Washington, and there was a guy that had an enormous Afro, and his preferred method of transportation was roller skating. I passed him every single morning... roller skating to work. In an apple orchard.

Or the lady that used to spend her days walking up and down the street in front of my house when we were in college. That in and of itself isn't all that bizarre. What is bizarre is the fact that any time someone would pass her in their car, she would immediately squat and point. She would follow you with her finger until you were past, and then she would start walking again. It was sort of funny when school was starting because this road was a 4 lane road. She often times got stuck in front of my house, squatting and pointing.

Or how about the dude in the 7-11? That's not too weird, except that he was wearing a pink leotard and a fluffy pink tu-tu with pink ruffle socks. Yeah. That was weird, and it happened last night.

I got a hankering for a diet coke about 10-ish last night, and we had none in the house. I knew that tomorrow would be awful if I didn't have my version of my morning cup of Joe, so I headed out for the Sev.

I pulled into the parking lot next to the only other car there... a grey government vehicle with about 5 Barbie dolls lined up in the back window. I remember that because I did a double take to see if there were kids things in there. I mean, who puts Barbie dolls in the the back window of their car? Apparently the pink tu-tu man.

He was standing at the counter, fiddling with paper and looking around rather skittishly. I tried not to show any emotion when I realized the tu-tu wearer was not a woman, but in fact a man. I got my big gulp, headed over to get my 12 pack when the Sev worker hollered out to see if the tu-tu man needed anything more. He kept wandering around the store, looking around, and fiddling.

He finally left and the worker girl and I met at the big gulp machine and snickered and giggled. We were minding our own business, laughing about the tu-tu fairy man, when 4 teenage boys came running into the store yelling that a man in the parking lot was waving a gun around.

I sort of wigged out a little. Call me crazy, but my vehicle was parked next to the tu-tu fairy man. Remember? He had Barbies in his back window.What if he came back into the store and started shooting us??

I watched, and listened to the kids talk to the Sev worker. I saw that the tu-tu, gun brandishing fairy was pulling out of his parking stall, so I nonchalantly walk out to my car, and immediately start reciting his license plate... which by the way, was a government plate.

Niiiiiiccccceeee!

I wrote it all down, and the Sev worker called the police who promptly came and took our statements. They watched the surveillance video and told us they had the name and address of the pink wearing tu-tu fairy man.

It was frightening, exciting and strange. All at the same time.

Yup. That was definitely something you don't see every day.


  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes