Random Randomness and Then Some Tunes - On a Monday
Monday, October 11, 2010
Equations are the devil's sentences.
- Stephen Colbert
Every once a while I decide to switch it up and pretend that Monday is actually Friday. It makes Monday's more doable.
OK. Really? I forgot to do this on Friday, so you get it on a Monday. Besides, today is a beautiful day that needed some attention, music and love.
I've already practiced my dance routine for the ward party. That's right. I'm dancing at the ward party-- complete with a 70's wig, fake eyelashes and go-go boots. We're shakin' our bon-bon's (literally) to Dancing Queen and I only hope I don't get kicked out of church after wards.
Because we are going to rock the house.
*****
This weekend we decided to finally weed the garden. The garden that we didn't plant or take care of the entire summer.
It was nasty.
The weeds were as tall as Thing 3 and it was a little frightening.
Particularly when I saw mouse after mouse running away from the swirling blades of death. It reminded me of that book Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH
when it's moving day and she has to get the Rats to come and help her move her house because the farmer was tilling the field.
That was us. Sans the rats. (I hope.)
We found their little mouse hole, and so we stuffed the hose down it and waited for them to come swimming to the surface. Which they did and it REALLY grossed me out.
What we should have done was thrown smoke bombs down in the hole and smoked them out. Apparently the smoke would come out all their holes and we could then cover them up with dirt and the mouse problem would fixed.
I am hesitant to purchase D-Con because I don't want my dog to get into it. And, frankly, I think D-Con is a totally in-humane option, in my opinion.
I am thinking a smoke-bomb attack is the only way to go. I don't want to see them die, but I sure as heck don't want them in my yard OR house.
Moxie thought Mickey Mouse was in our back yard and she kept running round looking for Mickey. Little did she know that this particular Mickey was about to go visit the Disneyland in the sky.
*****
There is something about Fall that makes my inner Cow Girl come out. It's about the only time of the year that I openly listen to country music.
I blare it on my radio-- much to the horror of Thing 1 and sing at the top of my lungs.
For some reason, hearing riffs of country coming across the air waves makes me feel all sorts of nostalgic inside.
I remember my mission in the fall -- Washington and the Apple Orchards. Man, when those apple orchards started changing color-- it is a testimony to me that God exists.
Then there is Idaho- beautiful Northern Idaho and the logging country. I love it there and if I could convince Jefe to visit I think he would NEVER leave.
Ever.
My mission is by far one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Bar. None.
Except for Illinois. I remember Illinois in the fall and the vibrant colors those maple trees produce and corn waiting to be harvested.
These were places that I lived in the Autumn and they are places that bring some of my happiest memories alive. I don't know why I associate those memories with Country Music-- but I do.
And, it makes me happy.
*****
I did this podcast with my Church back in May. I didn't think it was ever going to air-- but it finally did.
Today.
You can go listen to it on their website. radio.lds.org
The podcast will be available later to download.
*****
I've found another band that I am totally digging right now. Camera Obscura.
Seriously people.
I pink AND purple sparkly puffy heart LOVE THEM.
My cousin popped this band up on his facebook page this last week. Right before he ran off and joined the MTC.
ha. You thought I was going to say Circus. Which sometimes being a missionary is a little like being in a circus. But, that's not the point.
He has excellent taste in music and will be an even more excellent missionary in the Philippines.
*****
Just to remind you what random 10 Friday is (except today it's on a Monday) : I put my i pod on shuffle and then write down the first 10 songs that come up.
Then, I dump all the random thoughts squirreling around in my brain.
I ♥ Random.
Random is good.
1. Ol' 55 - Tom Waits
2. Alison - Elvis Costello
3. Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer
4. December - Norah Jones
5. Help Me Remember - Rascal Flatts
6. Outside Villanova (live) - Eric Hutchinson
7. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
8. Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe - Okkervil River
9. Breathe In Breathe Out (Original Version) - Mat Kearney
10.Let's Get Out Of This Country - Camera Obscura
Bonus: Something To Be Proud Of -Montgomery Gentry
- Stephen Colbert
Every once a while I decide to switch it up and pretend that Monday is actually Friday. It makes Monday's more doable.
OK. Really? I forgot to do this on Friday, so you get it on a Monday. Besides, today is a beautiful day that needed some attention, music and love.
I've already practiced my dance routine for the ward party. That's right. I'm dancing at the ward party-- complete with a 70's wig, fake eyelashes and go-go boots. We're shakin' our bon-bon's (literally) to Dancing Queen and I only hope I don't get kicked out of church after wards.
Because we are going to rock the house.
*****
This weekend we decided to finally weed the garden. The garden that we didn't plant or take care of the entire summer.
It was nasty.
The weeds were as tall as Thing 3 and it was a little frightening.
That was us. Sans the rats. (I hope.)
We found their little mouse hole, and so we stuffed the hose down it and waited for them to come swimming to the surface. Which they did and it REALLY grossed me out.
What we should have done was thrown smoke bombs down in the hole and smoked them out. Apparently the smoke would come out all their holes and we could then cover them up with dirt and the mouse problem would fixed.
I am hesitant to purchase D-Con because I don't want my dog to get into it. And, frankly, I think D-Con is a totally in-humane option, in my opinion.
I am thinking a smoke-bomb attack is the only way to go. I don't want to see them die, but I sure as heck don't want them in my yard OR house.
Moxie thought Mickey Mouse was in our back yard and she kept running round looking for Mickey. Little did she know that this particular Mickey was about to go visit the Disneyland in the sky.
*****
There is something about Fall that makes my inner Cow Girl come out. It's about the only time of the year that I openly listen to country music.
I blare it on my radio-- much to the horror of Thing 1 and sing at the top of my lungs.
For some reason, hearing riffs of country coming across the air waves makes me feel all sorts of nostalgic inside.
I remember my mission in the fall -- Washington and the Apple Orchards. Man, when those apple orchards started changing color-- it is a testimony to me that God exists.
Then there is Idaho- beautiful Northern Idaho and the logging country. I love it there and if I could convince Jefe to visit I think he would NEVER leave.
Ever.
My mission is by far one of the most beautiful places on the planet. Bar. None.
Except for Illinois. I remember Illinois in the fall and the vibrant colors those maple trees produce and corn waiting to be harvested.
These were places that I lived in the Autumn and they are places that bring some of my happiest memories alive. I don't know why I associate those memories with Country Music-- but I do.
And, it makes me happy.
*****
I did this podcast with my Church back in May. I didn't think it was ever going to air-- but it finally did.
Today.
You can go listen to it on their website. radio.lds.org
The podcast will be available later to download.
*****
I've found another band that I am totally digging right now. Camera Obscura.
Seriously people.
I pink AND purple sparkly puffy heart LOVE THEM.
My cousin popped this band up on his facebook page this last week. Right before he ran off and joined the MTC.
ha. You thought I was going to say Circus. Which sometimes being a missionary is a little like being in a circus. But, that's not the point.
He has excellent taste in music and will be an even more excellent missionary in the Philippines.
*****
Just to remind you what random 10 Friday is (except today it's on a Monday) : I put my i pod on shuffle and then write down the first 10 songs that come up.
Then, I dump all the random thoughts squirreling around in my brain.
I ♥ Random.
Random is good.
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Ol' 55 - Tom Waits
2. Alison - Elvis Costello
3. Waiting On The World To Change - John Mayer
4. December - Norah Jones
5. Help Me Remember - Rascal Flatts
6. Outside Villanova (live) - Eric Hutchinson
7. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough - Michael Jackson
8. Our Life Is Not A Movie Or Maybe - Okkervil River
9. Breathe In Breathe Out (Original Version) - Mat Kearney
10.Let's Get Out Of This Country - Camera Obscura
Bonus: Something To Be Proud Of -Montgomery Gentry




















