Television – a medium. So called because it is neither rare nor well done. - Ernie Kovacs
Yeah. I have to agree with that statement. Lately TV sort of stinks.
I kicked Glee to the curb-- because HELLO! Totally inappropriate for the 8pm FAMILY HOUR.
Just sayin'.
Which is sad, because I really liked it last year. I feel like they pulled a big-ole bait and switch on us, and that's a bummer.
I guess I'll just have to download the albums instead because I won't have that crap in my house.
*****
I spent the last week up in Yellowstone. It was heaven on earth. Not a soul around --relatively speaking --just the animals and nature. We saw all sorts of animals--Elk, Buffalo (or as Moxie calls it Fuffalo) and yes, even a full grown Grizzly Bear.
Which may have made me pee a little.
Although, I have ZERO proof that I actually saw the Grizzly because I forgot my camera battery charger... so the very last photos I took were these:
Right after the batteries died-- on every single camera we brought-- we saw the Grizzly Bear. Figures. Stupid cameras. You'll just have to trust that I really did see a Grizzly Bear about 20 feet from my car. And, it was huge. And scary. And it had shifty eyes. I think it wanted to eat me and my children.
I'm also bummed that I have no photos of Moxie and I riding horses together--in the same saddle. Nor do I have photos of said horse try to BUCK US OFF. Nor do I have photos of the horses running through the forest and the trees hitting us in the face (and Thing 3 and Moxie crying) -- in the rain/snow.
It really was awesome.
And horrifying.
All at the exact same time.
*****
I have been on a quest to find new music and I have two more artists to share with you this week.
The first one is also a member of The Lower Lights, Sarah Sample.
Me Likey. A lot-y.
The other new favorite was pointed out to me by my friend, Barbaloot, and seriously?
Unicorns and Rainbows people. Unicorns and Rainbows.
I'm just sayin'.
I think I have found two more artists that I will have on continuous loop here in Crazyland.
*****
Let's be honest with each other, shall we?
I love Autumn and I am NOT ready for the snow that is heading my way on Monday.
Not ready at all.
The newscaster said it perfectly this morning 'Those that like to ski will be in heaven, the rest of us will sit in the corner and suck our thumbs."
I have to say that I am absolutely in love with The Lower Lights.
Pink Sparkly LOVE them.
They make me see unicorns and rainbowswhile I'm listening and singing along.
Why?
Because they have a Bluegrass sound to them. I am a sucker for good Bluegrass music, and The Lower Lights totally fits that bill. Not only are they a really good Bluegrass band, but they have mastered the old time Gospel feel as well.
Give them a listen and see if you don't want to start a torrid love affair with them!
*****
There are three flies that have somehow ventured into my home and they taunt me. They come around only when I am working on the computer, and they land on the computer screen. It's like they're saying "We're here to stay because we KNOW you won't smack us while we're dancing on this idol you worship."
Which is true.
The smacking part, not the Idol part.
Stupid flies.
Have a swell weekend people. Get ready, because the snow's a commin'.
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. Now We Can See - The Thermals
2. Shoot the Moon - Norah Jones
3. Beyond the Sea - Bobby Darrin
4. Give It Up - Amos Lee
5. Postcards From Italy - Beruit
6. The Mountain - Heartless Bastards
7. Valerie - Vaughan Penn
8. Suspended - Mat Nathanson
9. Numb - Sia
10. Just One Dance - Caro Emerald