FIELD TRIP!

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

We went on a field trip today.
Thing 1 has been jonesing to go to the Brigham Young Mansion ever since we moved here.
So, today was the day!
It was a beautiful, warm day... Perfect for our little outing.
All the flowers are blooming at Temple Square, it is alive with color.
Thing 1 was happy as a clam finally getting to see the mansion. It IS quite impressive. It is huge, and extremely elegant! I was impressed. I don't think that I have been in there since I was her age. Pretty sad really.

I think that Thing 2 liked it all right as well. Thing 3 was enjoying herself until we got to the kitchen and she saw some fake apples. That was the end of it for her. She wanted THOSE apples, and there was no telling her that she couldn't have them. That was the end of the tour for her. Thankfully, it WAS the end of the tour.

It really is a beautiful city. I wish that I was able to get down there more often. I suppose I will have to do a weekly field trip to SLC during the summer... And just take the kids to see all the tourist things that I probably haven't seen since I was a kid. That will be a fun thing!



  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes