Our Mountain Vacation...
Monday, July 02, 2007
This is us riding the Alpine slide. We rode 2 different ones, but this one is our favorite!!





This lodge was amazing! It is at the very top of the mountain, and there was a couple getting married there! It was awesome! It takes about 15 minutes to ride the tram to the top of the mountain... that's how high it is! Jefe and I want to go back and have brunch there... maybe for the anniversary!
Down there in the distance is Pineview reservoir. Its one of my favorite places! Love to go boating there... and then being in the mountains... what more could you ask for??

This is the Olympic ski jump arena. These athletes practice even in the dog days of summer... they jump into a pool! It was one of the highlights of Thing 3's trip. For the life of me I could not convince her to come with us to do anything else! She would sit and watch and cheer, and then ask "Mama when is it my turn!" Uhh. You are a dare devil that's for sure!! We did find a resort that does ski/snow board lessons for kids her age, so you know what we will be spending our Saturdays doing starting this winter!! 


This owl played Pig wig in the Harry Potter movies! The kids thought that was amazing! They met a real live movie star!! lol! I could've gotten their photos with the owl, and them holding it, but they wanted $10 bucks a photo. As if! 


I love the mountains. Really I do. Jefe has become a mountain lover too. I will not be so arrogant as to say that it was my doing... (your welcome Jefe!) But, he has become a mountain lover too. We both love to hike and I think if we could figure out a way to live in the mountains and still maintain contact with our jobs, it would be done in a heartbeat! When we first moved here, we spent a lot of time hiking and hanging out in the mountains. Last summer was the summer of the broken leg... so we did not go in the mountains at all. How could we when Thing 2 would be left at home all alone??
We spent the weekend in the mountains. We hit a large majority of the ski resorts and checked them out and did quite a bit of hiking! It was a blast!

















