Generation Diva?
Thursday, April 02, 2009
My kids love to watch the TV show Toddlers & Tiara's. I don't. It makes my eye twitch. And sometimes I throw up a little in my mouth too. Seriously.
Today, while I was doing my homemaking duties (because I was informed I had to end my strike) I watched a news segment about the new Generation Diva's. Have you heard of them? I have.
Recently, I was talking with some friends about girls and their complete lack of respect for adults and how shocking some of their behavior has become. Parents giving, giving, giving-- and then giving them some more... especially of things that are not age appropriate. This causes the kids to feel entitled. They think that they are entitled to have what ever they want. Now. Not later. Now. And, they think they are entitled to have the lifestyle that their parents do-- immediately-- sans the hard work.
Today, while I was doing my homemaking duties (because I was informed I had to end my strike) I watched a news segment about the new Generation Diva's. Have you heard of them? I have.
Recently, I was talking with some friends about girls and their complete lack of respect for adults and how shocking some of their behavior has become. Parents giving, giving, giving-- and then giving them some more... especially of things that are not age appropriate. This causes the kids to feel entitled. They think that they are entitled to have what ever they want. Now. Not later. Now. And, they think they are entitled to have the lifestyle that their parents do-- immediately-- sans the hard work.
What do you think? Lets discuss.

















