Random randomness and then some tunes

Friday, April 24, 2009

"Not enough gets said about the importance of abandoning crap." — Ira Glass

When I was moving all 1,067 blogs to the new website, I spent the entire weekend with Ira Glass. Strangely, I find him rather attractive. He's my pretend boyfriend . . . my pal.
We're { t h i s t h i c k }. I want him to read me a bedtime story every night. I just love to listen to Ira and his friends as they tell all their stories.

Sigh.

I suppose that really I am a fan of stories, and This American Life has the best stories around! I have listened to This American Life for years, but last weekend I listed to every single episode on their Our Favorites page. Although the moving of all the blogs was copy-paste-time-consuming-tedious, Ira made it rather enjoyable.

If you haven't had a chance to listen to This American Life, do it now. You have been missing out on an hour of pure enjoyment and the most perfect storytelling around. Sheer Brilliance!
(check out Music Lessons or The Ghost of Bobby Dunbar. Or maybe Switched at Birth . . . Hell. They're all great!)

*****
Moxie has discovered the joy of The Backyardigans. As soon as the music starts on that show, she is pointing, dancing and twirling. When the show starts, everyone starts wandering in from where ever they have been, to watch the show with Moxie. They are sort of glued to the TV... Backyardigans has some serious mind control skillz, and I want in on that action!

*****
For reasons unknown to me, Moxie decided that last night was the perfect night to have an all night party. Typically, I am all for those sweet, all night parties with her. But last night? Not so much. Mostly because I actually took a sleeping pill ... and was sleeping.

Five-thirty rolled around, and she was still partying. We finally fell asleep for a hour and a half, and then I had to get up to go be the family alarm clock. Guess what Moxie did at 8:30 this morning? She went down for her nap. A full three hours early. I suspect its going to be a long day.

*****
Poor Thing 3 has no scrapbook. I mean she has 3 pages... so really it doesn't count. She asks on a rather regular basis "Where's my scrapbook mama?" Thing 1 & 2 each have several books-- but then I went all digital and I have no idea how to digi scrap. BUT. I found all sorts of premade digital templets where all I have to do is drag and drop. No fiddling, no trying to make paper-- just drag and drop. I have been screaming through her photos, and she is finally getting a book. It's sweet people. I can see why so many people have turned to digi scrapping. You can get WAY more done in WAY less time. And there is no mess.

I think I am gaining a testimony of the truthfulness of Digi Scrapping.

*****
Speaking of gaining a testimony . . . I was sent the most incredible pedicure package from culturessalon.com to try and review. Can I just say HOLY COW, people?! Divine heaven, if I say so myself! Without a shadow of a doubt, and with every fiber of my being I can say that Cultures Salon flavor of the month is true! It has rocked my world, and forever changed my feet!

If you have read me for any period of time, you know that my last home pedicure was disastrous. But, Cultures Salon was not. Oh my, No siree! It was sheer bliss! I plan to write a more in depth review after I get back from Women's Conference. Cultures Salon was just featured on Studio 5's Fresh Finds and they are having some seriously fun giveaways right now on their blog. Go check it out!

*****
Speaking of Women's Conference . . . I leave in less than 6 days. I cannot wait. I'm headed down with my sister and Mom. We're going to eat lots of good food, sleep in comfy Marriott beds, digi scrap (and blog of course) and hear inspiring talks.
Jealous?

*****
That's all the randomness I could muster up today in my sleep deprived state. Have a great weekend!
I'm eating Cafe Rio for dinner.
YUM.
And folding laundry.
Gag.

Catch ya on the flip side!

1. Feels Like Today - Rascal Flatts
2. Lost! - Coldplay
3. All The Wild Horses - Ray Lamontagne
4. San Francisco Days - Chris Isaak
5. Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp
6. Love On The Rocks - Sara Bareilles
7. Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters
8. Cecilia - Simon & Garfunkel
9. Listen - Amos Lee
10. Baby, Now That I've Found You (live) - Alison Krauss

Bonus: Times Like These - Jack Johnson



  • Digg
  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Yahoo! Buzz
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • TwitThis
  • MySpace
  • LinkedIn
  • Live
  • Google
  • Reddit
  • Sphinn
  • Propeller
  • Slashdot
  • Netvibes