It's a slippery slope people. A slippery slope.
Friday, April 03, 2009
In my quest to loose weight without actually having to exercise, I have given up fast food. I have gone almost 6 weeks without it. Then, I fell off the wagon. I didn't just fall off the wagon, but I fell and then rolled around and swam in some fast food grease. Like twice. In one day. Can you say gross?
Once you fall off the fast food wagon, its all down hill from there. I have now had fast food (twice in one day) the last three days straight. I think the 8 pounds I lost by giving up fast food, I gained back when I went to Burger King and then Wendy's.
IN THE SAME DAY.
Yeah. That's gross.
Someone actually suggested that I watch Super Size Me, and that the movie would totally cure my need for greasy processed food.
Umm Yeah. Guess What?
I watched that when it first came out 6 years ago and I still eat like crap. I even watched all the special features showing what the fast food looks like when left in a glass jar trying to "exercise my demons" (not for the queasy stomachs!) ... but nothing. I still want it. I still crave it.
(OK. Just kidding. I just watched that again, and my gag reflex kicked in BIG TIME!)
I have wanted to start eating healthy and loose weight, so I went through my house and gathered up all my secret candy stashes and threw them away. (gasp!) Every last stash thrown in the trash. Honestly? I don't know what I was thinking. I have spent the better part of the morning walking around, wringing my hands muttering to myself about how I need candy. Like NOW I need some candy.
As I was actually contemplating making brownies for breakfast and just eating the batter to get my fix I remembered GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. I have Girl Scout Cookies! I ran to my office closet and riffled around and as sure as poop stinks, I found my cookies. I had forgotten the secret stash of Girl Scout Cookies. Praise Allah for those pesky girl scouts!
I am ashamed to say that I have now eaten half the box. However, my shakes are gone and my writing mojo is starting to return.
Once you fall off the fast food wagon, its all down hill from there. I have now had fast food (twice in one day) the last three days straight. I think the 8 pounds I lost by giving up fast food, I gained back when I went to Burger King and then Wendy's.
IN THE SAME DAY.
Yeah. That's gross.
Someone actually suggested that I watch Super Size Me, and that the movie would totally cure my need for greasy processed food.Umm Yeah. Guess What?
I watched that when it first came out 6 years ago and I still eat like crap. I even watched all the special features showing what the fast food looks like when left in a glass jar trying to "exercise my demons" (not for the queasy stomachs!) ... but nothing. I still want it. I still crave it.
(OK. Just kidding. I just watched that again, and my gag reflex kicked in BIG TIME!)
I have wanted to start eating healthy and loose weight, so I went through my house and gathered up all my secret candy stashes and threw them away. (gasp!) Every last stash thrown in the trash. Honestly? I don't know what I was thinking. I have spent the better part of the morning walking around, wringing my hands muttering to myself about how I need candy. Like NOW I need some candy.
As I was actually contemplating making brownies for breakfast and just eating the batter to get my fix I remembered GIRL SCOUT COOKIES. I have Girl Scout Cookies! I ran to my office closet and riffled around and as sure as poop stinks, I found my cookies. I had forgotten the secret stash of Girl Scout Cookies. Praise Allah for those pesky girl scouts!
I am ashamed to say that I have now eaten half the box. However, my shakes are gone and my writing mojo is starting to return.
Maybe junk food IS good for something?

















