Just one more reason my kids will need therapy
Thursday, April 02, 2009
Thing 2 had his 4th grade program last week. I took some really great photos... only I forgot to put my card in the camera... And I didn't discover it until I was half way through the "play" So really? I have zero pictures.
I hate that.
Thing 2 really wanted to be one of the Mountain Men in the show. He practiced and practiced and when tryouts arrived he was ready. (Yes. They had to tryout for the grade program.Weird, I know!) He was totally bummed when he came home and told me what his part was.
Me: Did you nail it? Did you get the part?
T2: No. I'm not a Mountain Man.
Me: You're not? Really? That totally stinks! What part did you get?
T3: Umm. Well... I got the Beaver. (loud, long sigh) I have to be the Beaver mom. That's so dumb.
Me: Oh. That is dumb. Do I have to make you a costume? Cause, I don't sew, remember?
I have to say that Thing 2 did a great job as the Beaver. He was the only one that really had a "noticeable" costume and if I do say so myself, he looked adorable. But shh. Don't tell him I told you that.
Moxie got extremely bored during the school assembly part of his program and decided it would be great fun to crawl under all the chairs. I don't mean like behind me and in front of me. I mean she climbed into the middle of the chairs and then crawled down the entire row of chairs. I thought it was pretty dang funny.
Until...
(dun dun dun dun)
She sort of got stuck. Under the chairs. Half way down my row. Beneath a complete stranger. Moxie was stuck and SCREAMING from under the strangers chair. Can you imagine how that must have scared that stranger?
Yeah. That was one of my finest parenting moments right there!
Moxie started wailing and I started climbing over complete strangers to try and save her. Everyone turned around and watched as people were jumping up, lifting their chairs heaven-ward trying to locate the screaming baby.
Good times.
Thing 2 did a great job at his play, but Moxie sort of stole the show.
Sigh.
My kids. They are all going to need therapy when I'm through raising them.
I hate that.
Thing 2 really wanted to be one of the Mountain Men in the show. He practiced and practiced and when tryouts arrived he was ready. (Yes. They had to tryout for the grade program.Weird, I know!) He was totally bummed when he came home and told me what his part was.
Me: Did you nail it? Did you get the part?
T2: No. I'm not a Mountain Man.
Me: You're not? Really? That totally stinks! What part did you get?
T3: Umm. Well... I got the Beaver. (loud, long sigh) I have to be the Beaver mom. That's so dumb.
Me: Oh. That is dumb. Do I have to make you a costume? Cause, I don't sew, remember?
I have to say that Thing 2 did a great job as the Beaver. He was the only one that really had a "noticeable" costume and if I do say so myself, he looked adorable. But shh. Don't tell him I told you that.
Moxie got extremely bored during the school assembly part of his program and decided it would be great fun to crawl under all the chairs. I don't mean like behind me and in front of me. I mean she climbed into the middle of the chairs and then crawled down the entire row of chairs. I thought it was pretty dang funny.Until...
(dun dun dun dun)
She sort of got stuck. Under the chairs. Half way down my row. Beneath a complete stranger. Moxie was stuck and SCREAMING from under the strangers chair. Can you imagine how that must have scared that stranger?
Yeah. That was one of my finest parenting moments right there!
Moxie started wailing and I started climbing over complete strangers to try and save her. Everyone turned around and watched as people were jumping up, lifting their chairs heaven-ward trying to locate the screaming baby.
Good times.
Thing 2 did a great job at his play, but Moxie sort of stole the show.
Sigh.
My kids. They are all going to need therapy when I'm through raising them.


















