Random randomness and then some tunes
Friday, April 17, 2009
A diplomat... is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip. - Caskie Stinnett, Out of the Red (1960)
This week I got a burr under my saddle and cleaned. I did the floors, and the windows. I cleaned out closets, and toys. I even cleaned the dreaded blinds. Moxie was having a blast helping me clean. I gave her Bum wipes and she went to town cleaning the floor next to me.
I was bent over my insanely deep jet tub, washing the nasty blinds, when I sort of slipped. Head first. Into the tub. That was completely full of dirty blind water.
YUM.
Moxie was horrified and started screaming. I was a mixture of pain, embarrassment and laughter. I think I may have caused Moxie's first traumatic moment that will later be hashed out in therapy.
*****
"Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh. Do you hear that? (Pause) Its the winds of change." (name that movie)
Really. The wind is blowing HUGE changes in around here. HUGE. Well not here. But HERE. I've enlisted the help of one wickedly talented chica that has helped me with the vision of what I wanted to do with that site. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about it! Seriously.
If all goes as planned, we should be unveiling the "top secret project" on Monday. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. I think it's going to be SWEET!
*****
You all have been patiently waiting for the endless sheep stories, haven't you? The "do you know how much poop a sheep can poop stories? Yeah. I knew you were.
The Sheep were a bust. Well. Rather the baby lambs where a bust. My SIL is in some sort of animal program up at USU (pre-vet) and this semester was the sheep class. She was going to bring down brand new baby lambs for us to play with. Quite honestly? I was bummed. I know I was talking all sorts of smack about it, but secretly? I had dreamed up all sorts of great photo shots I was going to get, crazy captions and all. It would have been an Easter to remember.
*****
I'm going to Women's Conference!
Only 11 more days!
I seriously CAN. NOT. WAIT.
*****
You know that video I put up for Easter? The Reflections of Christ one? (isn't it amazing??) His name is Mark Mabry. He spoke at Time Out For Women recently and my sister heard him. She told me about what he said, and I have been mulling it over ever since.
Apparently Mark (I can call him that. We're tight.) had some things that he decided he needed to tell his wife (remember, this is paraphrased and 3rd hand... ) and he was certain that it would be a deal breaker. When he got up the courage to tell her, she looked at him and said "That's it?" and rolled over and went to sleep.
He said he was shocked because in his mind, what he had to tell her could have been, for her, the thing that sent him packing. But, she just said "That's it?".
He said that all women (and I think men as well) should be the kind of spouse that when your husband (wife) tells you a "deal breaker" you can look at them and sincerely say "That's it?"
You can fix anything . . . as long as you have Christ.
I have mulled this over and over. It has been in my every thought since then. I want to be that type of spouse. I want to be that type of person... The type where someone can tell me the very worst thing about them, and I can say "That's it? (shrugs her shoulders) I love you anyway. Now. Lets get to work!"
That's it. That's what I want. I have no idea how to get there... but isn't a desire the first step? I hope so.
*****
That's it folks. My randomness. Now for some tune-age. Remember to check out the MMB on Monday. Seriously. If you haven't registered now... Uh. You should. Because you will be missing out if you don't. That's all I have to say about that.
1. My Winding Wheel - Ryan Adams
2. Jockey Full Of Bourbon - Tom Waits
3. Crying Like A Church On Monday - New Radicals
4. Times Like These - Jack Johnson
5. Smoothie Song - Nickel Creek
6. Rainbow - G. Love & Special Sauce
7. Chasing Pavements - Adele
8. Something Coming Over - O.A.R.
9. Jacksonville - Sufjan Stevens
10. Come Round Soon - Sara Bareilles
Bonus: Wonderwall - Ryan Adams
This week I got a burr under my saddle and cleaned. I did the floors, and the windows. I cleaned out closets, and toys. I even cleaned the dreaded blinds. Moxie was having a blast helping me clean. I gave her Bum wipes and she went to town cleaning the floor next to me.
I was bent over my insanely deep jet tub, washing the nasty blinds, when I sort of slipped. Head first. Into the tub. That was completely full of dirty blind water.
YUM.
Moxie was horrified and started screaming. I was a mixture of pain, embarrassment and laughter. I think I may have caused Moxie's first traumatic moment that will later be hashed out in therapy.
*****
"Shh. Shh. Shh. Shh. Do you hear that? (Pause) Its the winds of change." (name that movie)
Really. The wind is blowing HUGE changes in around here. HUGE. Well not here. But HERE. I've enlisted the help of one wickedly talented chica that has helped me with the vision of what I wanted to do with that site. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am about it! Seriously.
If all goes as planned, we should be unveiling the "top secret project" on Monday. Keep your fingers and toes crossed. I think it's going to be SWEET!
*****
You all have been patiently waiting for the endless sheep stories, haven't you? The "do you know how much poop a sheep can poop stories? Yeah. I knew you were.
The Sheep were a bust. Well. Rather the baby lambs where a bust. My SIL is in some sort of animal program up at USU (pre-vet) and this semester was the sheep class. She was going to bring down brand new baby lambs for us to play with. Quite honestly? I was bummed. I know I was talking all sorts of smack about it, but secretly? I had dreamed up all sorts of great photo shots I was going to get, crazy captions and all. It would have been an Easter to remember.
*****
I'm going to Women's Conference!
Only 11 more days!
I seriously CAN. NOT. WAIT.
*****
You know that video I put up for Easter? The Reflections of Christ one? (isn't it amazing??) His name is Mark Mabry. He spoke at Time Out For Women recently and my sister heard him. She told me about what he said, and I have been mulling it over ever since.
Apparently Mark (I can call him that. We're tight.) had some things that he decided he needed to tell his wife (remember, this is paraphrased and 3rd hand... ) and he was certain that it would be a deal breaker. When he got up the courage to tell her, she looked at him and said "That's it?" and rolled over and went to sleep.
He said he was shocked because in his mind, what he had to tell her could have been, for her, the thing that sent him packing. But, she just said "That's it?".
He said that all women (and I think men as well) should be the kind of spouse that when your husband (wife) tells you a "deal breaker" you can look at them and sincerely say "That's it?"
You can fix anything . . . as long as you have Christ.
I have mulled this over and over. It has been in my every thought since then. I want to be that type of spouse. I want to be that type of person... The type where someone can tell me the very worst thing about them, and I can say "That's it? (shrugs her shoulders) I love you anyway. Now. Lets get to work!"
That's it. That's what I want. I have no idea how to get there... but isn't a desire the first step? I hope so.
*****
That's it folks. My randomness. Now for some tune-age. Remember to check out the MMB on Monday. Seriously. If you haven't registered now... Uh. You should. Because you will be missing out if you don't. That's all I have to say about that.
Catch ya on the flip side!
1. My Winding Wheel - Ryan Adams
2. Jockey Full Of Bourbon - Tom Waits
3. Crying Like A Church On Monday - New Radicals
4. Times Like These - Jack Johnson
5. Smoothie Song - Nickel Creek
6. Rainbow - G. Love & Special Sauce
7. Chasing Pavements - Adele
8. Something Coming Over - O.A.R.
9. Jacksonville - Sufjan Stevens
10. Come Round Soon - Sara Bareilles
Bonus: Wonderwall - Ryan Adams

















